The Little Couple

  • Thread starter Thread starter lovemyboys
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow… I didn’t know they were Catholic. Now I dislike the show even more since she isn’t going with Church teachings. I didn’t mind the show at first, other than the fact that it really had no purpose, but now that they’ve gone to look at surrogate mothers I just can’t stand it. And to find out that she’s Catholic? She should know better than that!
 
Soapbox time 🙂

These shows can harm as well. People watch them, and less-than-intelligent people giggle and make comments in the living room. Those people have kids. Those kids see me in WalMart and have zero idea that I am a human being who, after a long day of work, does not really feel like hearing “Look at that!” every time I encounter a child in the store.

The parents? They just act as if this is fine.

If a device would make sure only intelligent people watched these shows, they would be great 🙂
Interesting that you mention this. Earlier today, I went to Facebook, and it was logged onto my dh’s account (if you have multiple accounts, unless you deliberately log off, the last one that was on will pop up). One of his “friends” is a coworker who’s a lesbian. Her status was a picture of a stereotypical “dwarf” (I think it might have actually been an “elf”-pointy hat, long white beard, etc.), with the headline “Why not make fun of short people?” I wanted to, but didn’t, since it wasn’t my account and she’s not my friend, post a reply “For the same reason we shouldn’t make fun of gay people!”

My point being, any show that makes any certain group of people look ridiculous isn’t a good thing. Our society is becoming so callous and uncaring. It’s like we’ve brought back the “freak shows” from the circus, and just put them on cable and youtube. (And, of course, we’re not allowed to do anything that could be perceived as “cruel” to animals, but people are ok! :mad:)

In Christ,

Ellen
 
My point being, any show that makes any certain group of people look ridiculous isn’t a good thing. Our society is becoming so callous and uncaring. It’s like we’ve brought back the “freak shows” from the circus, and just put them on cable and youtube. (And, of course, we’re not allowed to do anything that could be perceived as “cruel” to animals, but people are ok! :mad:)
I agree in part. I don’t watch either show mentioned in these threads, but your 100% right that if it made a group look ridiculous it’s not a good thing.

The animal comment though-I hope your not justifying animal cruelty, are you? I’ve always been a pro-life, pro-human animal rights guy. There is a difference between humans and animals, but by all means that doesn’t justfiy mistreatment of animals.
 
I don’t think that the people look ridiculous-- it just shows them doing ordinary stuff like looking for houses and eating out. Maybe they are in danger of coming off as BORING, but not ridiculous. Jen’s a doctor and it shows her at the hospital saving babies’ lives-- definitely not ridiculous.
 
I agree in part. I don’t watch either show mentioned in these threads, but your 100% right that if it made a group look ridiculous it’s not a good thing.

The animal comment though-I hope your not justifying animal cruelty, are you? I’ve always been a pro-life, pro-human animal rights guy. There is a difference between humans and animals, but by all means that doesn’t justfiy mistreatment of animals.
No, of course not! I’m just pointing out the double standard.

In Christ,

Ellen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top