The Nature/Grace Debate

  • Thread starter Thread starter CrossofChrist
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CrossofChrist

Guest
What side do you think has it right? (I didn’t put Rahner in a separate category because he is essentially with the neoscholastics; IMO he just modifies the traditional neoscholastic view.)

Also, where does St. JPII fit in? I know he liked de Lubac and helped found Communio in Poland, but some of his statements are indicative of neoscholastic views on this issue, even if slightly modified in expression.
 
You’re asking specifically about the relationship between nature and grace? I’m given to understand that Henri de Lubac challenged the traditional Thomistic understanding in Surnaturel, but I don’t have the background to adjudicate.

I’ll follow this discussion closely, and if anyone can recommend an article framing the nature/grace debate for someone without a philosophical background, I’d be grateful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top