The Office of Acolyte

  • Thread starter Thread starter StanManly
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StanManly

Guest
I was installed as an acolyte about 5 years ago. It has been a great experience - one I would recommend to any Catholic young man. Recently I was talking to a friend of mine (also an acolyte) who has moved to the east coast and he was telling me about a special blessing that acolytes can give to a field (like for crops). I was wondering if anyone has any information on this or knows where I could find some.
Thanks!!
 
Seems like the sort of thing one would find in the Book of Blessings.
 
There is both the blessing of Fields and Flocks and the blessing of Seeds at Planting Time in the Book of Blessings Liturgical Press 1989. You would use the option for the Lay Minister.
 
From the General Introduction to the Book of Blessings:
“18. … d. An acolyte or reader who by formal institution has this special office in the Church is rightly preferred over another layperson as the minister designated at the discretion of the local Ordinary to impart certain blessings. …
But whenever a priest or a deacon is present, the office of presiding should be left to him.”
(Book of Blessings, Liturgical Press, Minnesota, 1989, ISBN 0-8146-1875-8, page xxviii.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top