The only time we can put God to the test?

• Thread starter Thread starter chrisg93
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrisg93

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, That there may be food in my house, and try me in this, says the LORD of hosts: Shall I not open for you the floodgates of heaven, to pour down blessing upon you without measure? Mal 3:10

I heard on the radio that this is the only instance where God says we can put him to the test. Is that true? Is this verse true or did Jesus superceed it?

chrisg93 said:
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, That there may be food in my house, and try me in this, says the LORD of hosts: Shall I not open for you the floodgates of heaven, to pour down blessing upon you without measure? Mal 3:10

I heard on the radio that this is the only instance where God says we can put him to the test. Is that true? Is this verse true or did Jesus superceed it?

Was it not when Christ was in the desert for 40 days when satan offered him the world on a platter as it were, and Chirst response…“it is written, thou shalt not put thy Lord to the test”?.. maybe i am misunderstanding your question… but i don’t feel comfortable with testing anyone in the trinity… 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back