The Power and Interpretation of Prayer

• Thread starter Thread starter Apathy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Apathy

I am by no means a religious individual.
I understand that prayer is a powerful thing that can bring people to relaxation and salvation.

In a sense… I pray as to think modestly of myself in the scheme of things and observe the world as a work of art off God’s easel.

I do not own a rosary or any form of ankh or religious symbol,
and I created this thread as to somewhat ask what people have experienced as what you claim as a result of prayer.

Not sure what you are asking but as a Catholic, religious symbols are important to my prayer life. If you want to remember Uncle Louie, you drag out a picture of him and think about the great times that you had when he visited.

I can take out a picture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, which can direct my prayer to his love and mercy for us. I can pray the rosary and be reminded of the importance of Mary the mother of Jesus and how her “Yes” to God brought forth our salvation for all time. I can relate these prayer experiences to any difficulties in my life at the present time.

May God bless you in your spiritual journey.
Deacon Tony

40.png
Apathy:
I am by no means a religious individual.
I understand that prayer is a powerful thing that can bring people to relaxation and salvation.

In a sense… I pray as to think modestly of myself in the scheme of things and observe the world as a work of art off God’s easel.

I do not own a rosary or any form of ankh or religious symbol,
and I created this thread as to somewhat ask what people have experienced as what you claim as a result of prayer.
I assume your wondering whether anyones prayer has been effective. All I can say that between my family and friends, from 1986- the end of time , our prayers and the host of accompanied works could end up aiding the salvation of 100’s of souls. Many people have turned back to the Church, converted, or improved their standing with God. Too many to list. Many I probably don’t even know as well. More things are wrought in this world by prayer than we can possibly imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back