The Purpose Driven Life - Book Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter Dave
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave

I was just wondering if anybody else is planning to read “The Purpose Driven Life” by Rick Warren for Lent. It’s by a Protestant pastor, but it’s quite good, and since it asks you to read and meditate on a chapter a day for 40 days, it makes for a great Lenten read.

Anyway, if anyone else out there is doing so, would you be interested in making this a discussion thread for each day’s reading?

Just a thought if anyone’s interested…

Day 1 - It All Starts With God…

DAY 1 - It All Starts With God
  • Thinking About My Purpose
Point to Ponder: It’s not about me.

Verse to Remember: “Everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him” Colossians 1:16

Question to Consider: In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself?

This book does seem to have some good points, but it is by a protestant author. Perhaps it would be better in the non-Catholic section?

This book does seem to have some good points, but it is Protestant. I prefer the Spiritual Exercises or some other Catholic guide.

Yes, it’s a great book! There’s a couple of things in that book I don’t agree, it’s a misunderstanding of our Catholic faith. Other than that it’s very practicle and will help you understand more of God’s purpose of creation, who we are in Christ, importants of real fellowship with others in the church by using our gifts, abilities, our hearts, talents, and personalities. Most important, our MISSION in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. Excellent book!

40.png
Mysty101:
This book does seem to have some good points, but it is Protestant. I prefer the Spiritual Exercises or some other Catholic guide.
I’ll get to it, if I ever finish uncovering all the wisdom avialbel form Catholic authors. I flipped through a version that my sister received form a friend a few months ago and it didn’t seem very significant to me; though what inspires people varies greatly and more power to people who find inspiration in it.

My husband and I are trying to read from the book each day during lent, but I am finding it is not very inspiring, I prefer to read a book by a Catholic author. I guess everyone is inspired by different writings, that is why there are so many different books to choose from. :yup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back