The Questions to the Catholics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Athanasiy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Athanasiy

Guest
-What can we say about the future of the Evangelicals ?
Is there the sign that Evangelical Confessions of the Future will turn to the Liberalism ?
Can we predict a further decay of our orthodox standards ?
  • I used to think that Salvation is the moment not the process, and Justification and sanctification are totally different meanings.
-What is the difference between the Catholic Moral Assurance of Salvation and Evangelical Absolute Assurance of Salvation ?

-What is the meaning of the statement ,that Evangelicalism often separates profound, life-transforming repentance, and penance ?

-I have a little Problem in understanding that Protestantism tends to oppose matter and Spirit, favoring the latter, and is somewhat Gnostic or Docetic in this regard ?

-If Jesus did not died just for elect, for whom he died then ?
  • How to understand the Catholic argument- Evangelicalism is presently obsessed with self-fulfillment, self-help, and oftentimes, outright selfishness ?
-Are there any serious arguments of the archeologists, scientists, historians, or Linguists against the Biblical Authority ? ( I think, if there are such arguments its only the proves against Evangelicals , not against the Catholics)
  • I do not agree that we have the little concept of mortifying the flesh, vice versa-
    We apply it by the way of Legalism;- No dancing,No alcohol,no card-playing, no rock music.
    For example, we- Baptists we want to live in a way that is distinct from the typical lifestyle of the world, we are in the world ,but we are not from this world.
In What sense should we call art, music, architecture, drama as Spiritual ?

–The Evangelicals are very detailed and ‘’ Proud in the Lord’’ telling to others about their convertion and how the Lord brought them to the repentance.
Why the Catholics are so gentle, laconic and not detailed in their testimonies of how they were being saved ?
 
-What can we say about the future of the Evangelicals ?
Is there the sign that Evangelical Confessions of the Future will turn to the Liberalism ?
Can we predict a further decay of our orthodox standards ?
I suspect that these first three questions go together. First, please forgive America for supporting Evangelicals. I realize the heartache and confusion they bring. I think most are well intentioned and have no idea of the destruction they spread but if they didn’t have so much money they would not be bothering you.

Evangelicals are more and more secular and liberal here so I suspect they will be there as well. Unless you can find a way to protect holy Orthodoxy and to promote it ever more througout the land I suspect that there will be some further decay.
  • I used to think that Salvation is the moment not the process, and Justification and sanctification are totally different meanings.
-What is the difference between the Catholic Moral Assurance of Salvation and Evangelical Absolute Assurance of Salvation ?

-What is the meaning of the statement ,that Evangelicalism often separates profound, life-transforming repentance, and penance ?
Salvation usually encompasses everything from the new birth at baptism through our union with God after this physical life is over. We are justified throughout life as we are being sanctified. This happens through Theosis or Deification as the Holy Spirit brings to our attention the disease of sin and shows us the way of curing or purging it through confession and forgiveness. Many Protestants, not all, believe that God forgives all of our sins at the time of conversion past, present, and future and so there is really no need for penance. They truncate what God wishes to do in our lives to one instant. From scripture, tradition, reason, and experience we understand that this kind of thinking is unrealistic.
-I have a little Problem in understanding that Protestantism tends to oppose matter and Spirit, favoring the latter, and is somewhat Gnostic or Docetic in this regard ?
Most protestants are gnostic or docetic. They have no comprehension of the Incarnation. There are some who are Nestorian or Monophysite as well but those are usually thought of as “liberal” protestants. It seems that if one is not Catholic or Orthodox one tends to fall for one or more of several heresies.
-If Jesus did not died just for elect, for whom he died then ?
I readily admit I cannot discern the answer to this. God is a good deal bringter than we are. I’ll ask Him when by God’s grace I see HIm face to face.
  • How to understand the Catholic argument- Evangelicalism is presently obsessed with self-fulfillment, self-help, and oftentimes, outright selfishness ?
That seems to be what American Evangelicalism has turned into.
-Are there any serious arguments of the archeologists, scientists, historians, or Linguists against the Biblical Authority ? ( I think, if there are such arguments its only the proves against Evangelicals , not against the Catholics)
If I’m following you I think scientific discoveries would tend to prove Catholic and Orthodox claims to be true and rather neutral for Evangelicals. It’s been that way for a very long time.
  • I do not agree that we have the little concept of mortifying the flesh, vice versa-
    We apply it by the way of Legalism;- No dancing,No alcohol,no card-playing, no rock music.
    For example, we- Baptists we want to live in a way that is distinct from the typical lifestyle of the world, we are in the world ,but we are not from this world.
That is very commendable. Many Catholics follow this path as well. I suspect that we would be all better off if more did.
In What sense should we call art, music, architecture, drama as Spiritual ?
They are gifts of God which may be used by mankind for God’s glory and the people’s good or they can be misused by us for evil. We must surrender all to God.
–The Evangelicals are very detailed and ‘’ Proud in the Lord’’ telling to others about their convertion and how the Lord brought them to the repentance.
Why the Catholics are so gentle, laconic and not detailed in their testimonies of how they were being saved ?
I wish more Catholics were more outgoing in sharing their faith. I think too many of us depend too much upon our priests and religious.

CDL
 
I think this is one of the most interesting threads on CA. I wonder if others would help this fellow out with some reflections on American style Evangelicalism as it is infesting Ukraine. Surely more people than I have some insight on this.

CDL
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top