The Return To Orthodox Christianity?

• Thread starter Thread starter bluezone7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bluezone7

**Why do you think many people especially those around 35 or younger are rejoining the more Orthodox forms of Christianity – not just the Catholic faith but others as well?:hmmm: **

I believe that people are going to the orthodox groups because humans need structure. We need to know what is right or wrong. I have witnessed the masses of the not so orthodox, and they wonder why the numbers are small. If they are going to tell us that we can do whatever we want within reason and no bowndaries, why go to church? We can set our own boundaries. Most people really want to know the truth, and the truth does not change.

The famous one our pastor uses is Jesus forgives our sins. This is true, but every time Jesus forgives, He tells them to go and sin no more. How can we sin no more if we are not taught what sin is?

Priests are called FATHER because they are to be our spiritual fathers. Imagine a dad not teaching his children what is right or wrong? Imagine if they all did? There is no lack of vocations where the complete truth is proclaimed.:):):):amen:

40.png
Pecheur:
I believe that people are going to the orthodox groups because humans need structure. We need to know what is right or wrong. I have witnessed the masses of the not so orthodox, and they wonder why the numbers are small. If they are going to tell us that we can do whatever we want within reason and no bowndaries, why go to church? We can set our own boundaries. Most people really want to know the truth, and the truth does not change.

The famous one our pastor uses is Jesus forgives our sins. This is true, but every time Jesus forgives, He tells them to go and sin no more. How can we sin no more if we are not taught what sin is?

Priests are called FATHER because they are to be our spiritual fathers. Imagine a dad not teaching his children what is right or wrong? Imagine if they all did? There is no lack of vocations where the complete truth is proclaimed.:):):):amen:
I believe it is the structure too! … at many non-orthodox/non-traditional churches there is the danger of church leaders and members doing what they want to do or twisting church theology/ the bible to support their own will and not God’s. All I have to say is “Jim Jones” … I know this is an extreme example but look at what happens when there is no structure.

bluezone7 said:
**Why do you think many people especially those around 35 or younger are rejoining the more Orthodox forms of Christianity – not just the Catholic faith but others as well?:hmmm: **

by capitalizing Orthodox I assume you mean the Eastern Orthodox churches,-Russian, Greek, Serbian etc… If you mean the Church founded by Jesus Christ, wherein Divine Revelation through Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition are preserved, protected and handed on through the Holy Spirit, you are of course referring to the Catholic Church. Please clarify your question.

No when I say Orthodox … I mean orthodox Christianity as Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and even Lutheran, etc. Non-orthodox would be non-denominational or very evangelical protestant groups, etc. That’s what I meant.

no other religion or Church other than the Catholic Church is orthodox, in the meaning you seem to suggest, that is entirely faithful to the complete deposit of the faith given to her by Jesus Christ, handed on by the apostles and their successors through the protection and guidance of the Holy Spirit. Any individual who is called to return to the orthodox teaching of Christ may do so through the Catholic church. All are welcome.

I believe my point is being missed. Catholicism is considered the center of the circle of Christianity … many have been outside or on the edge of the circle for many years but now they are moving back towards the center. If Catholicism is considered the center of the circle of Christianity … which denominations are closer to the center of the Circle? Non-denominational or Lutheran? Of course … Lutheran! Which is closer to the center of the circle Eastern Orthodox or Methodist? Of Course … Eastern Orthodox! To cast off every non-Catholic Christian as “those people” is very disrespectful because one fails to recognize the details that count! :rolleyes:

I believe the youth seek gasp😉 discipline and the Truth. I believe a lot of youngsters are seeing the death part of the “Culture of Death” firsthand in their homes, schools, community and sadly often in their churches as well and they are seeing death in all human faculties: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual. I think some are rebelling against the moral laxity of those in authority and others are just trying to survive. Thanks and God Bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back