The Story of a Soul

• Thread starter Thread starter Paris_Blues
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paris_Blues

Who here has read this lovely book of St. Therese of Liseux?

I love it and halfway done with it. It has helped me grow in my faith, spirit and love for our Lord.šŸ˜ƒ

What about you guys?

Oh yes, Iā€™ve read it. šŸ˜ƒ My Lay Carmelite community is going through it paragraph by paragraph. A great companion book is ā€œMy Sister St. Thereseā€ by Celine Martin. She fills in a lot of information about their home life and their life within the Carmel of Lisieux. Celine has great insight into the heart of her sister, as well as her spirituality.

Isnā€™t it incredible? I canā€™t get over how insightful she was at such a young age. No wonder she is now a Doctor of the Church.

If you consider that one of the effects of sin is a dulling of the intellect, St Therese obviously was less afflicted than most of us.

Paris Blues:
Who here has read this lovely book of St. Therese of Liseux?

I love it and halfway done with it. It has helped me grow in my faith, spirit and love for our Lord.šŸ˜ƒ

What about you guys?
Paris, welcome to the ranks of the millions throughout the world who have read and been spiritually transformed by encountering dear St. Therese of the Child Jesus and of the Holy Face through her simple words filled with truth and power.

When youā€™re ready to read more about her, this site offers a nice selection:

icspublications.org/bookstore/lisieux/index.html

Iā€™ve read it a couple of times and loved it. Iā€™m actually due for a re-reading, come to think of itā€¦

40.png
Della:
Oh yes, Iā€™ve read it. šŸ˜ƒ My Lay Carmelite community is going through it paragraph by paragraph. A great companion book is ā€œMy Sister St. Thereseā€ by Celine Martin. She fills in a lot of information about their home life and their life within the Carmel of Lisieux. Celine has great insight into the heart of her sister, as well as her spirituality.
I read Story of a Soul last year and loved it so much I ordered all the St. Therese set from TAN . Iā€™m now reading My Sister St. Therese at the moment and find it fascinating. I also have The Story of a Family and plan to read it as soon as Iā€™ve finished *My sister St. Therese. *

Gearoidin

Actually, I have an extra copy of* Story of a Soul* and would be happy to send to to anyone who wants it. If anyone does, please send me a private message and we can work out the details. It is new and in perfect condition.

Gearoidin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back