The Third Way - Homosexuality and the Church

  • Thread starter Thread starter anikins
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Let me get this out of the way: 1) I don’t like people talking in church and 2) I don’t think the tabernacle is a “prop” for a movie or video. I don’t think it’s appropriate, period.)

I didn’t know where this video was headed, because “God” was hardly mentioned until about 17 minutes into it.

Here’s an interesting article about why homosexuality is prohibited in the Bible. It’s good to read Leviticus 17 to 20 slowly then read this:

http://www.orthodoxytoday.org/articles2/PragerHomosexuality.php

In context, the prohibitions against homosexuality, adultery, fornication, bestiality, incest, pedophilia, etc. are to erase the pagan tendency to have sex with (see list) and to elevate the status of women in marriage. the only proper expression of sexuality is in marriage.

(Prager’s article was recently reprinted online in Crisis Magazine.)
 
Last edited:
I tried watching it, but after the first few minutes I was also wondering when it would get around to the Catholic part (born-agains beating up on gay people or screaming at them is not Catholic), so I turned it off. I wish the video makers had put a capsule summary of what the film is actually about either on the video or on their website. All I could find was some text about how the filmmakers specialize in subjects that make you “feel” or something like that.
 
The Church needs to do more to help gay people because I think there’s more of them nowadays. People who see themselves as gay need support. We could also be doing more to encourage people not to identify as gay. The Church has a positive message that gets obscured when we focus on the negative. I’ve been guilty of that myself in the past.
 
Last edited:
Jesus is THE Way.

(I’m being purposefully bullheaded, but still making a point).
 
Last edited:
The first part of the video was great. Lots of action, yelling and excitement. But then it became a bit boring. I had to turn it off.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top