There shall be no flood to destroy the earth again

  • Thread starter Thread starter alitaptap
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alitaptap

Guest
God said to Noah: Never again will curse the earth because of men. There shall be no flood to destroy the earth again. The rainbow in the clouds shall be the sign of my covenant with you.
What does it mean when God said, “there shall be no flood to destroy the earth again”?

Here are photos of the storm

If a picture says 1000 words, what does this link say to me in words? 🤷

Do I interpret Bible literally?

Of course, we can be of help spiritually and financially. We can pray for the victims or make a donation to help them.
 
God said to Noah: Never again will curse the earth because of men. There shall be no flood to destroy the earth again. The rainbow in the clouds shall be the sign of my covenant with you.
What does it mean when God said, “there shall be no flood to destroy the earth again”?

Here are photos of the storm

If a picture says 1000 words, what does this link say to me in words? 🤷

Do I interpret Bible literally?

Of course, we can be of help spiritually and financially. We can pray for the victims or make a donation to help them.
It means there will never be a worldwide flood again. It doesn’t mean there won’t be floods.
 
Saint Peter promises a Global warming.
5* They deliberately ignore this fact, that by the word of God heavens existed long ago, and an earth formed out of water and by means of water, 6 through which the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. 7 But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist have been stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
2 Peter 3:5-7

A bit more than Al expects I think.
 
“Worldwide” fllood? like Al Gore’s global warming?
Just when I have really stupid thoughts (or maybe demon possesion:D) that global warming might actually not be a hoax, I come to my senses when I remember God’s promise that He will never destroy the earth by water again!👍
 
What god is saying is not that there will not be a terrible disaster, but that he will not intrinsically create a flood which will destroy every life form on the entire earth (or to a confined area, I.E. “Across the land” and “The waters receded” if you interpret it that way) due to the sin of mankind. Perhaps large amounts of people will die in floods, but not because of the grave sins of mankind.👍
 
Saint Peter promises a Global warming.
5* They deliberately ignore this fact, that by the word of God heavens existed long ago, and an earth formed out of water and by means of water, 6 through which the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. 7 But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist have been stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
What can/should be done to change it?
 
What can/should be done to change it?
“These then are the things you should do: Speak the truth to one another; let there be honesty and peace in the judgment at you gate.”
Code:
                                                        —Zech. 8:16
It is what it is. All is well.
 
God said to Noah: Never again will curse the earth because of men. There shall be no flood to destroy the earth again. The rainbow in the clouds shall be the sign of my covenant with you.
What does it mean when God said, “there shall be no flood to destroy the earth again”?

Here are photos of the storm

If a picture says 1000 words, what does this link say to me in words? 🤷

Do I interpret Bible literally?

Of course, we can be of help spiritually and financially. We can pray for the victims or make a donation to help them.
You have serious pictures out there. They seem to capture the essence and emotion during and after the flood.

Point 1: “destroy the earth” does not mean no local floods. I believe the floods in the picture did not destroy the earth but only killed a portion of the human population. Of the billions, thousands are a tiny fraction of the whole earth. So much with destroying earth.

Point 2: The passage in the OP, could only mean a comparison for the opposite sense. The flood (or water) was to destroy the life of those who sinned during the time of Noah. But in the Christian era, water is to create life during baptism. In essence, baptism is both the flood (to destroy the “old self”) and the beginning of life in Christ.

Answer: Yes. There is a high probability that you are already interpreting literally.
 
Those who take Noah’s flood to a local flood that destroyed mankind take it to mean that there will not be a flood big enough to destroy all mankind again. As for global warming, God will destroy this earth in the end with fire.
 
Those who take Noah’s flood to a local flood that destroyed mankind take it to mean that there will not be a flood big enough to destroy all mankind again. As for global warming, God will destroy this earth in the end with fire.
Purify may be more accurate than destroy.
 
Those who take Noah’s flood to a local flood that destroyed mankind take it to mean that there will not be a flood big enough to destroy all mankind again. As for global warming, God will destroy this earth in the end with fire.
I agree, god said he did not want to hurt the animals ever again so he said next time he will burn them all to death.

I think because being burnt is quicker than drowning. It’s an expression of God’s divine love.
 
I agree, god said he did not want to hurt the animals ever again so he said next time he will burn them all to death.

I think because being burnt is quicker than drowning. It’s an expression of God’s divine love.
God also loved all the unborn fetuses so much that he drowned them with their mothers. It’s a way of being “pro-life.”
 
God said: There shall be no flood to destroy the earth again.
The flood (or water) was to destroy the life of those who sinned during the time of Noah. But in the Christian era, water is to create life during baptism. In essence, baptism is both the flood (to destroy the “old self”) and the beginning of life in Christ.
Is this the Catholic Church’s interpretation?
 
Just when I have really stupid thoughts (or maybe demon possesion:D) that global warming might actually not be a hoax, I come to my senses when I remember God’s promise that He will never destroy the earth by water again!👍
I knew there was something about the movie “Waterworld” that just wasn’t quite right. And now I know - it’s un-Biblical!
 
I knew there was something about the movie “Waterworld” that just wasn’t quite right. And now I know - it’s un-Biblical!
At the end of Waterworld the characters are standing on a hill with a huge mountain behind them. At their feet is a plaque reading “Summit of Mt. Everest.” Now that’s stupid.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top