Things to pray for

• Thread starter Thread starter flick427
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flick427

I’m curious as to what people think is the most important things that we as Catholics should pray for. Though we should pray for our loved ones and ourselves, what else?
Three of mine are:
-Conversion of sinners
-Souls in Purgatory
-Protection of the US from external and internal (immoral) threats

Perhaps this can give ideas of what we can pray for and we can have a prayer swap;) .

Hi Flick 👋

I don’t know about others but I usually offer up sacrifices for souls in purgatory.

The following are on my prayer list:
World peace and an end to war.
The priests at my parish along with the rest of the clergy world wide. This includes Pope John Paul II.
An end to abortion.
The conversion and reversion of loved ones.
For family members who are ill.
Protection from the assaults of the devil. Courage to be strong in the face of temptation in other words.
Courage to do what is right in any given situation and do what pleases our Lord.

I have more but these are the major ones

I always pray for my family and friends protection, that nothing ever happen to them. I also pray for people who ask.

I have a friend of mine who literally prayed for years for God to make her rich.

Then she married a man named Bob Rich and took his name about fifteen years ago. It took years before she realized that God had answered her prayer, only not in the manner she had expected.

Things I pray for everyday…

For the salvation of & peace in the world.
For the souls in Purgatory
For the Holy Father
For priests & vocations
For the reversal of Roe v Wade
For my husband,family & friends (their health & needs)
For all the sick
For sinners who don’t have anyone to pray for them
For Opus Dei
For my unborn grandchild

World peace may be good, but the only way world peace will come about is through entering the Kingdom of Heaven. Violence will always be on the Earth as long as humans occupy it.

Some other ideas;
-Military, police, firemen, etc.
-Defense of marraige act to be passed
-Politicians
-Those persecuted b/c of their Catholic faith

40.png
Voice_Of_Reason:
World peace may be good, but the only way world peace will come about is through entering the Kingdom of Heaven. Violence will always be on the Earth as long as humans occupy it.
Voice,
We should always be praying for peace in the world and we are Living in the Kingdom…"…just not the fullness of it. Didn’t Jesus say “Repent and be saved for the Kingdom is at hand”?
As long as we allow satan to have power over us, yes, there will be violence and war…but that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t pray for peace! Annunciata:)

A few more I can think of:
-Those who do not have the freedoms we enjoy in the US
-A return of youth to the church
-For an increase in chastity/purity throughout the world

I tend to seem hesitant in praying in a form of a ‘prayer list’. I hate to repeat the same intentions every night before I sleep and when I wake.

However, when I do pray, in a list, I usually pray for:
Family and Friends
Christ’s Church.
Conversion of fallen away Catholics and others.
End of Abortion, Cloning, and the Sanctity of Marriage.
Protection for a good nights sleep.
Hope to be and to desire Heaven.
The souls in repose of my parents, ancestors and the souls needing grace in purgatory.
And that I have loved Him with my whole heart, soul, mind strength and being AND to love my neighbor as well.

That is a lot!
But I want to make it a bit more reverant and sincerely.

go with God!
Edwin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back