T
trnsvrsprocess
Guest
Hello!
I would like to share my background first. I’m 17 years old and turning junior in college (Philippine education. Shorter.) I was baptized a Catholic but my parents were, I believe, protestants even then (My mother is an evangelical but my father is a follower of a tritheist leader). I was still being introduced to the Catholic faith (by my preschool teacher and my grandfather) when I was told to stop doing the sign of the cross. And I didn’t attend any church at all, like my parents.
I studied in an Anglican school all my life and I am very much influenced in their teachings (that are not really exclusively Anglican) and so with my father’s beliefs. When I try to weigh them I usually incline to what my teachers say (The doctrine of Trinity, etc.)
At high school I began to have interest in Psychology and Marxism but they haven’t affected my belief in God at all… or so that’s what I was thinking, not knowing that they have destroyed my idea of morality.
During summer after freshman year, I accepted Christ as my Savior through a website, and began to change my life. During senior year until freshman at college, I began reading more and more about apologetics to defend my faith, basically, from atheist, and somehow, to ‘pagans who worship statues’. In the process I lost my Marxism and naturalistic ideologies. The more I read, the more I identify myself with the Reformers’ theology.
It’s been hard to process them all alone, amd so I joined my sister’s church not knowing that it was connected with the New Apostolic Reformation and when I confirmed it, I left the church and was thinking of becoming a Baptist because they are usually portrayed as uncompromising and formal, unlike most of the evangelical fellowships who makes worship look like concerts.
Then I met a friend at school who helped me a lot with my sadness during that time (sadness due to other issues). We witnessed a miracle together and she was a blessing for me. The ‘problem’ is, she is Catholic (not that devout, though she is a very good friend and doesn’t dismiss your theological tendencies) . How could thar be possible, I tell myself, and I read about Protestant theologians’ view of Catholics (and vice versa) and later, about Protestant misconceptions about them.
Later on I asked myself, “Should I return to the Catholic church?” but I have reservations.
Historical validity is not a question for me. Medieval theologians are great witnesses. But the modern Catholic church is, particularly here in the Philippines. Some priests are known to meddle with politics (some nuns are, too) and they tend to have humanist thoughts come out of their mouths. Also, I have heard of the new age infiltration in religious orders and Catholics’ cultic and esoteric tendencies. And lastly, most Catholics are not good witnesses.
To be fair, It doesn’t mean that Protestants are ALL good witnesses. Generally, they are with their words but they sometimes fail with their actions. What I was thinking about all of these problems are why is the Magisterium laid back (at least here) about these issues? I mean, the Catholic church should have an edge in discipline compared to Protestantism in the sense that they have a central authority to guide them. I’m not telling the church what to do, but I was thinking about these things and would like to get a response.
Thank you and God bless.
I would like to share my background first. I’m 17 years old and turning junior in college (Philippine education. Shorter.) I was baptized a Catholic but my parents were, I believe, protestants even then (My mother is an evangelical but my father is a follower of a tritheist leader). I was still being introduced to the Catholic faith (by my preschool teacher and my grandfather) when I was told to stop doing the sign of the cross. And I didn’t attend any church at all, like my parents.
I studied in an Anglican school all my life and I am very much influenced in their teachings (that are not really exclusively Anglican) and so with my father’s beliefs. When I try to weigh them I usually incline to what my teachers say (The doctrine of Trinity, etc.)
At high school I began to have interest in Psychology and Marxism but they haven’t affected my belief in God at all… or so that’s what I was thinking, not knowing that they have destroyed my idea of morality.
During summer after freshman year, I accepted Christ as my Savior through a website, and began to change my life. During senior year until freshman at college, I began reading more and more about apologetics to defend my faith, basically, from atheist, and somehow, to ‘pagans who worship statues’. In the process I lost my Marxism and naturalistic ideologies. The more I read, the more I identify myself with the Reformers’ theology.
It’s been hard to process them all alone, amd so I joined my sister’s church not knowing that it was connected with the New Apostolic Reformation and when I confirmed it, I left the church and was thinking of becoming a Baptist because they are usually portrayed as uncompromising and formal, unlike most of the evangelical fellowships who makes worship look like concerts.
Then I met a friend at school who helped me a lot with my sadness during that time (sadness due to other issues). We witnessed a miracle together and she was a blessing for me. The ‘problem’ is, she is Catholic (not that devout, though she is a very good friend and doesn’t dismiss your theological tendencies) . How could thar be possible, I tell myself, and I read about Protestant theologians’ view of Catholics (and vice versa) and later, about Protestant misconceptions about them.
Later on I asked myself, “Should I return to the Catholic church?” but I have reservations.
Historical validity is not a question for me. Medieval theologians are great witnesses. But the modern Catholic church is, particularly here in the Philippines. Some priests are known to meddle with politics (some nuns are, too) and they tend to have humanist thoughts come out of their mouths. Also, I have heard of the new age infiltration in religious orders and Catholics’ cultic and esoteric tendencies. And lastly, most Catholics are not good witnesses.
To be fair, It doesn’t mean that Protestants are ALL good witnesses. Generally, they are with their words but they sometimes fail with their actions. What I was thinking about all of these problems are why is the Magisterium laid back (at least here) about these issues? I mean, the Catholic church should have an edge in discipline compared to Protestantism in the sense that they have a central authority to guide them. I’m not telling the church what to do, but I was thinking about these things and would like to get a response.
Thank you and God bless.