This Pride, let’s celebrate shame

  • Thread starter Thread starter JimR-OCDS
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Industrial complex has to do with the interrelational groups which finance and work on specific political and goals to achieve a goal they share.

Educational Industrial Complex is some times Political Industrial Complex.

Jim
 
Last edited:
Industrial complex has to do with the interrelational groups which finance and work on specific political and goals to achieve a goal they share.

Educational Industrial Complex is some times Political Industrial Complex.

Try not to be so hung up on literal terms. It’s what fundamentalists do.

Jim
It’s a buzz word. Meaningless. So obvious that it doesn’t need to be pointed out. Or shouldn’t.
 
And like many titles, they used for other purposes

Consider the term “Crusade.”

Anyway, try commenting on the article not a particular word.

Jim
 
Well, either comment on the article and don’t side with the person throwing the “tin hat,” insult.

Jim
 
You can comment, but when you agree with a post where the poster threw an insult, you share in that insult.

Oh and BTW, the term the person mocked me on, wasn’t made by me, but the author of the article. If you don’t like it, take it up with him. 😃

Jim
 
Apparently you’ve decided to take my comment personally, when it had nothing to do with you, or with the article itself. It had solely, and pretty obviously, to do with the widespread prevalence of tin-foil hat attitudes in society today.
If you want to be insulted by something that has zero to do with you, I guess that’s your choice.
 
You can comment, but when you agree with a post where the poster threw an insult, you share in that insult.

Oh and BTW, the term the person mocked me on, wasn’t made by me, but the author of the article. If you don’t like it, take it up with him. 😃

Jim
Two points Jim. I cannot have been mocking you if I was commentating on the article. But if you link to an article that supports your views then expect to be taken to task on the views presented in said article.

‘It wasn’t me, the author said it’ doesn’t cut much ice.
 
Oh and BTW, the term the person mocked me on, wasn’t made by me, but the author of the article.
As far as I can tell, nobody mocked you.

The article you linked to is indeed classic tin-foil-hat drivel expressing nothing but sheer hatred for LGBT people, and designed solely to inflame passions against them.

And nothing else. Whatsoever.

It makes no arguments worth taking seriously. It’s just a juvenile temper tantrum.

There is no content in it that can even vaguely be considered Catholic in it. As a Catholic, I find it reprehensible.

Why you bothered to post it here is beyond me.
 
It doesn’t seem like this is a constructive article given that people are already getting upset in the thread. I think I’ll skip it. I also think that if more Catholics used Pride Month to work on their own personal issues of pride, that would be more helpful than the reactions I keep seeing.
 
I found his perspective as an older gay man interesting as well as the important role the mob played in ownership of the nightclub.

I saw Scott Hahn link to this on Facebook. Every now and then I’m like what are you up to Scott Hahn? This was one of those times. 😆
 
The article you linked to is indeed classic tin-foil-hat drivel expressing nothing but sheer hatred for LGBT people, and designed solely to inflame passions against them.

And nothing else. Whatsoever.
Apparently the author, Chadwick Moore, is gay since he says:
The only sense of ‘pride’ I ever felt at being gay came from knowing my forefathers included cultural icons like Oscar Wilde, Quentin Crisp, and Freddie Mercury.
But he’s obviously somewhat conservative since his opinion piece is published in the new American version of the British weekly magazine, The Spectator, which according to Wikipedia, has an “editorial outlook [that] is generally supportive of the Conservative Party.” And there are gay Republicans, although I don’t know the Moore is one of them.

According to something in NPR from a couple of years ago:
Until September, journalist Chadwick Moore says his life had been lived in a liberal bubble — one that burst after he wrote a profile of Milo Yiannopoulos for Out Magazine.

Yiannopoulos is a gay blogger for Breitbart and provocateur who so favors Donald Trump he calls him “daddy.” Yiannopoulos has inspired such ferocious online attacks on others that he was banned from Twitter.

Moore’s article was critical, but also let Yiannopoulos be heard, and included a professional photo shoot. As soon as it was published, Moore was attacked — so severely he says it pushed him to rethink his political allegiance.

He became the subject of a New York Post story earlier this month headlined “I’m a gay New Yorker and I’m coming out as conservative.”
 
Last edited:
The article is kind of crude. I don’t see anything spiritually beneficial and it comes off kind of whiny. There may be a few parts that are okay, but I would rather have a more respectable source.
 
40.png
GordonP:
The article you linked to is indeed classic tin-foil-hat drivel expressing nothing but sheer hatred for LGBT people, and designed solely to inflame passions against them.

And nothing else. Whatsoever.
Apparently the author, Chadwick Moore, is gay since he says:
The only sense of ‘pride’ I ever felt at being gay came from knowing my forefathers included cultural icons like Oscar Wilde, Quentin Crisp, and Freddie Mercury.
But he’s obviously somewhat conservative since his opinion piece is published in the new American version of the British weekly magazine, The Spectator, which according to Wikipedia, has an “editorial outlook [that] is generally supportive of the Conservative Party.” And there are gay Republicans, although I don’t know the Moore is one of them.

According to something in NPR from a couple of years ago:
Until September, journalist Chadwick Moore says his life had been lived in a liberal bubble — one that burst after he wrote a profile of Milo Yiannopoulos for Out Magazine.

Yiannopoulos is a gay blogger for Breitbart and provocateur who so favors Donald Trump he calls him “daddy.” Yiannopoulos has inspired such ferocious online attacks on others that he was banned from Twitter.

Moore’s article was critical, but also let Yiannopoulos be heard, and included a professional photo shoot. As soon as it was published, Moore was attacked — so severely he says it pushed him to rethink his political allegiance.

He became the subject of a New York Post story earlier this month headlined “I’m a gay New Yorker and I’m coming out as conservative.”
This Gay Journalist And Former Liberal Is 'A Brand New Conservative' – And He's Not Alone : NPR
Sounds like he was a little naiive in thinking that all liberals thought the same on all matters. What happened to having the courage of one’s conviction?

I think I’ll do some checking up on the guy. See where he’s coming from. I know enough about Hahn…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top