Thomism after Vatican II

  • Thread starter Thread starter YoungTradCath
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

YoungTradCath

Guest
Hello everybody.

While browsing the Dominican House of Studies’s–I hate that “'s”–website I stumbled upon some videos of theirs given by some friars.

This one, called “Thomism after Vatican II,” is really great. I don’t follow it completely since I don’t have formal theological or philosophical training, but the second half of the video especially got me very excited inside.

In the video Fr. Thomas Joseph White, O.P., gives a talk about the general state of Thomism today. He is very balanced and I appreciate his words.

Here is the link: youtube.com/watch?v=o0PbvfXyrKk
 
Hello everybody.

While browsing the Dominican House of Studies’s–I hate that “'s”–website I stumbled upon some videos of theirs given by some friars.

This one, called “Thomism after Vatican II,” is really great. I don’t follow it completely since I don’t have formal theological or philosophical training, but the second half of the video especially got me very excited inside.

In the video Fr. Thomas Joseph White, O.P., gives a talk about the general state of Thomism today. He is very balanced and I appreciate his words.

Here is the link: youtube.com/watch?v=o0PbvfXyrKk
Thanks for passing that on. I knew that name seemed familiar. Here he is with a few other talks…

arlingtondiocese.org/Past_Conference_Talks.aspx

He is involved in the atheism debate on night 3 and another talk at the 2013 Men’s Conference.

btw…the other talks are very good also.
 
Hello everybody.

While browsing the Dominican House of Studies’s–I hate that “'s”–website I stumbled upon some videos of theirs given by some friars.

This one, called “Thomism after Vatican II,” is really great. I don’t follow it completely since I don’t have formal theological or philosophical training, but the second half of the video especially got me very excited inside.

In the video Fr. Thomas Joseph White, O.P., gives a talk about the general state of Thomism today. He is very balanced and I appreciate his words.

Here is the link: youtube.com/watch?v=o0PbvfXyrKk
If you can figure out what he said that is more than I could. What I got out of it was " Onward Dominicans, slay the dragons of the age - but do it with love! "

Linus2nd
 
If you can figure out what he said that is more than I could. What I got out of it was " Onward Dominicans, slay the dragons of the age - but do it with love! "

Linus2nd
If you can filter out the references to modern and postmodern philosophers, then it makes quite a bit of sense.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top