Those dedicated to Divine Mercy - St. Faustina's Feast Day is today

• Thread starter Thread starter jrabs
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jrabs

I am thankful Jesus has given us St. Faustina and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. It is a beautiful devotion and I am hoping it will bring about conversions in my loved ones and help soften hearts.

Happy feast day dear St. Faustina.

Unfortunately, the guide for Christian Prayer didn’t have St. Faustina’s feast day listed for today or I would have prayed the prayers proper for her. But, thank you for sharing that it is her feast day. I can, at least ask for her intercession. I hope she will be included in next year’s guide so I won’t miss her again.

I’ve been wondering since 2000 when her official feast day would be - October 5 is the day she died.

"I bow down before You, O Bread of Angels,

With deep faith, hope and love

And from the depths of my soul I worship You"

(St. Maria Faustina of the Blessed Sacrament).

Thanks for sharing St. Faustina’s Feast Day, jrabs. I have the book “Butler’s Lives Of The Saints” and her Feast Day is listed in there. The book has two pages about her. Today when I looked in my Liturgy Of The Hours guide, the feast day wasn’t listed, so thanks to your post I knew to look today.and there is alot of information in it about her. 🙂

:blessyou:
Annie

It warms my soul to hear people actually talk about St Faustina.
When I asked her to be my patron saint, hardly anyone in my parish had heard of her. A few had and had thanked me for taking her name.

40.png
Faustina:
It warms my soul to hear people actually talk about St Faustina.
When I asked her to be my patron saint, hardly anyone in my parish had heard of her. A few had and had thanked me for taking her name.
Oh, isn’t she a beautiful soul? I have stumbled upon her this year as a result of Divine Mercy Sunday. You were led to her. You are blessed.

I wrote this in a different thread about the Chaplet of Divine Mercy but will repeat it again. While I am dedicated to praying the Chaplet daily and have set my cell phone alarm to ring at 3:00pm, the devil often plays with my mind. He often tells me that saying this prayer daily is so insignificant. What purpose could such a small prayer serve? But I stay strong and persevere because I have realized that it must be powerful for the devil to bother cluttering my mind over this.

St. Faustina is my confirmation Saint. I often tell people that she is my older sister in the faith.

Her Diary was instrumental in bring my wife back home to the Catholic Church and her Diary taught me about the infinite mercy and love of God.

Jeff S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back