Those Little Bells

  • Thread starter Thread starter PrairieMom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the east, the Anaphora (Eucharistic Prayer) was never silent and is to be chanted, so they never needed bells and still don’t use them.
It’s a bit off-topic, but I can say that’s true in the West Syriac Churches, at least. Traditionally, most (though not all) of the Anaphora is sung aloud.
 
\The woman asked for clarification, to instruct her girls. Perhaps , next time some of your energy could have been put to a CONSTRUCTIVE USE!\

**BTW–I answered that question early on as response #5. Did you not see it?

For your convenience, my original answer is repeated here.**

Generally, they are called sanctus bells.

They were originally rung to let the tower bell ringers know to ring the bells, which was done to let people who were not at Church was was happening at that point.

With the multiplication of low masses, especially in monasteries, the connection between the sanctus bells and tower bells got broken.
 
\When answering a particular question “those little bells that the alter server rings during consecration.” why do you feel it appropriate to state that the Russian Church, Eastern Church,or any of the other rites mentioned do not use the Bells?\

**It was in the context of replying to a poster who said that the anaphorai in the Eastern Churches were said aloud, which is not quite the point.

And my point is that bells are not limited to the Latin Church.**

//It seems that you obviously have a real problem with the Roman perception of the Eastern Church, yet you could never deduce that from my statement.//

Of course, I have a problem with the attitude Latins have shown in centuries past towards Eastern Christianity. Despite the correction made by V2, remnants of this attitude remain, as can seen in many places on these fora such as in your posts here.

//I would suggest that this is not the place or proper format to take umbrage on imagined
slights. //

I’m not the one in a snit about being disagreed with, or who originally made an attack statement.

||I would also suggest you not view the Russian Church as the entirety, or even the standard of the Catholic Church//

I never did. But YOU are clearlly taking the attitude you accuse me of–that is, assuming that the Roman Church is intrinsically superior, or the default, of the Catholic Church.
You just can’t answer that the bells signify the CONSENCRATION , instead you give a
history lesson when all the lady asked for was" What do they call them and why do they ring them. "
I thought you answered my post with a negative reply, didn’t see then or now that was to someone else. Sorry for that misunderstanding.
I switched your Catholic Church with Russian Church, your original statement and you got in a snit!
Again I will state I never addressed the issue, which clearly you need to come to grips with, of Roman Superiority.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top