Thoughtful actions for your loved ones?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FullOfThought
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FullOfThought

Guest
What sweet, thoughtful things do you do for your spouse, children, friends, parents… just something small to make them smile?

I leave notes in my husbands lunch box, but looking for new ideas to keep showing him I’m making the effort and that I love him. I think it’s so important for all relationships to make the extra effort! 🙂
 
I did some work with an R&B producer a few months ago, and he felt that he owed me a favor. So I asked him to compose a song just for my wife, to celebrate our anniversary. She could tell it was personalized just for her and she loved it. 👍
 
Over the years I have put notes/cookies into lunchbags. I have sent emails. I have swung by hubby’s work and stuck a love note under his wiper blade. I call occasionally to see if he needs anything, or just to say hello. I have surprised the kids with treats after school.

I do need to expand my repertoire.
 
I did some work with an R&B producer a few months ago, and he felt that he owed me a favor. So I asked him to compose a song just for my wife, to celebrate our anniversary. She could tell it was personalized just for her and she loved it. 👍
That is SO sweet!! Not something we could all do daily though 🙂
Over the years I have put notes/cookies into lunchbags. I have sent emails. I have swung by hubby’s work and stuck a love note under his wiper blade. I call occasionally to see if he needs anything, or just to say hello. I have surprised the kids with treats after school.

I do need to expand my repertoire.
Aww love the wiper idea!! it would be funny if you accidentally put it on the wrong car!!

I sometimes buy my hubby an extra treat if I’m out, but I want to keep him healthy! 🙂
 
We try and sneak each others chores away from them. Let me explain, we both have a set of chores we usually take care, for instance my DH is responsible for the dishes because I wash so many at work, and I’m responsible for the bathrooms because he has to clean those at his job, etc. Sometimes I’ll notice the dishes have piled up when we both get busy so when I’m home on my lunch break (he’s still at work) I’ll do all the dishes for him. That way when he comes home he can just relax. Likewise, I’ll come home and find some chore I said I’d work on has been mysteriously taken care of.

I don’t have any children yet so I’m not sure what I’ll do for them.
 
I have burned cds of songs that are meaningful to us and given them as gifts for different things.
 
This maybe isn’t for loved ones per se, but I have a large collection of handmade inspirational cards. ( I make new ones all the time using pretty scrapbook paper & cardstock.) Some are short bible verses, or Saint quotes or little poems, uplifting thoughts or phrases.
I’ve often given them away to people that I think need a little “boost” or reminder that some one cares about them, of course God is the first on that list, but also that I care about them too.
For example, a good friend was feeling blue because her last child went off to college, so I made her a little card about “letting go” that she said really helped her not feel so sad.
I’ve given away lots of these little cards and even had a request to make one special for another person to give away!!
 
What sweet, thoughtful things do you do for your spouse, children, friends, parents… just something small to make them smile?

I leave notes in my husbands lunch box, but looking for new ideas to keep showing him I’m making the effort and that I love him. I think it’s so important for all relationships to make the extra effort! 🙂
I used to do many things for my wife but I do not bother anymore as she no longer appreciates them.

My children are too young at the moment to understand at the moment.
 
Prarie Rose- Love the ideas of the cards, I’m not that creative but I could always buy them. Have you ever thought of selling on etsy.com?
 
Prarie Rose- Love the ideas of the cards, I’m not that creative but I could always buy them. Have you ever thought of selling on etsy.com?
They’re really not that hard to make - LOL
I search the web for prayers, poems, bible verses, etc… Save them to a word file, edit them if needed, use pretty font and a center paragraph alignment, then print the prayers on colored printer paper in a size approx 3+1/2 x 4+1/2 to fit on a 4x5 size card, made of co-ordinating color or patterned cardstock.
I use scrapbook scissors to give the paper a pretty decorative edge, then I use double sided tape to affix the prayer paper to the harder cardstock. The first batch I made, I took to the Library and had them laminated, but that got expensive, so I bought a couple rolls of clear contact shelf paper. Cut 2 sheets just larger than the 4x5 card and sandwich the prayer card in between the 2 sheets of contact paper. Trim off any excess contact paper. Gives them just enough stiffness, so they don’t bend or fold. Of course you could make them any size you want - business card size or deck of card size?? Depends on how small you want the print to be 🙂

I just finished making some new ones, just tonight in fact. I give alot of them away, by tucking them in a sympathy or birthday cards, or in Thank You notes, etc… I have some special favorites I use for myself. A couple have a spot on my kitchen windowsill and one on my bedside table. One taped at the corner of my workstation at work, etc…

Sorry for rambling on - LOL
 
Very nice suggestions… I just started sharing my thoughts to my husband, writing a short letter daily which he reads in my presence, the purpose is to have a short dialogue afterwards. He is not that much into writing, so my hopes are not too high, but I am going to keep doing it, maybe one day he will write just one back to me…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top