Thoughts about Haunted Houses?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Average_Joe17
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Average_Joe17

Guest
I know sometime ago I’ve posted a post about haunted house and all of that. Basically it was me asking if going to a haunted house a sin?

Now I’ve received a bulletin that got me anxious. On a certain section it quotes, " REMINDER: Under no circumstance should Catholics celebrate Halloween in any way shape or form.
Oct.31st: Highest Day of Sacrifice on the Occult/ Illuminati Calender. People should be praying rosaries instead of participating in this evil practice."

Now my question is exactly the same from the last post: Is it a sin to go to a haunted house, even just for fun? Or should i listen to what my church says?
 
Now I’ve received a bulletin that got me anxious. On a certain section it quotes, " REMINDER: Under no circumstance should Catholics celebrate Halloween in any way shape or form.
Oct.31st: Highest Day of Sacrifice on the Occult/ Illuminati Calender. People should be praying rosaries instead of participating in this evil practice."
You can decorate or wear a costume or go to one of those “haunted houses” set up by a volunteer fire department. You can take your kids trick or treating. It is all fun and not an occult practice.

Actual occult practices, however, are sinful and should be avoided, so avoid the ouija boards and the seances. But feel free to give out candy or wear a costume.

That bulletin sounds more like something you would get from a Jack Chick tract.
 
Last edited:
I Remember the Catholic private school I went to as a kid had one. I never considered them bad and see then as fun for heck of it. Ironically, I’m also a bit afraid to do them alone! 😆 My Dad once picked me up when I was a kid and took me through our neighbors homemade haunted house in his garage.
This kinda made me afraid of them ever since, but If i’m with a big group of people, like a big friend group, then I’ll be a little bit braver to do it. Usually it’s the loud noises that get me because of possible sensory overload.
 
Last edited:
Oh I hope not! Halloween is my favorite in terms of decorating, crafts and (non-spiritual) activities. I hope the bulletin was just referring to the ocult type of stuff to avoid… that stuff can mess you up… never again…
 
Oct.31st: Highest Day of Sacrifice on the Occult/ Illuminati Calender. People should be praying rosaries instead of participating in this evil practice."
Going to a haunted house is not the same as participating in anything to do with the Occult. I think you are reading too much into it.
 
" REMINDER: Under no circumstance should Catholics celebrate Halloween in any way shape or form.
Oct.31st: Highest Day of Sacrifice on the Occult/ Illuminati Calender. People should be praying rosaries instead of participating in this evil practice."
There’s nothing wrong with celebrating Halloween. Dressing up/ going to “haunted houses”/ decorating/watching scary movies does not equal occult practices.
 
Last edited:
Sometimes the parish bulletin is compiled by a volunteer or staff person and the Pastor does not know what is in the bulletin until someone raises a question. The bulletin person has to be careful that they are not publishing things that are their own personal opinions, because people in the pews do consider the bulletin to be authoritative.

I would suggest you ask your Priest about this, actually the sort of snarky side of me would likely call the parish office and ask if you can come in and see their copy of the
Occult/ Illuminati Calender.
The priest needs to be aware of what is being published. If he states that he put that in the bulletin, ask him for some proof. It may be that he has been led to believe these hyperbolic things and maybe someone at the Diocese should step in to correct this error.
 
Oct.31st: Highest Day of Sacrifice on the Occult/ Illuminati Calender.
How does your church know this? Is there really an Illuminati/Occult calendar?

This sounds like conspiracy theory.
 
Last edited:
I have caught errors in our bulletin at church. Some are just their opinion - one guy writes for the bulletin and said that even when it’s 115 degrees, men should still wear suits and ties to Sunday mass. (Yeah, right!) He is kind of a fanatic. Sometimes people think they have a law degree and everything they say is true.

On the other hand, going to a truly haunted house may be a bad idea the ones that are really haunted have demons in them. They are not open to the public anyway, and paranormal investigators are taking a real chance going in there to televise it.
 
On the other hand, going to a truly haunted house may be a bad idea the ones that are really haunted have demons in them.
This is opinion, one I used to hold!

This podcast raised some things I’d never considered.

https://jimmyakin.com/2018/08/jimmy-akins-mysterious-world-ghosts.html

I believe that the veil between us and those in purgatory is very thin. Sometimes God permits those who have died to be visible to the living, that it is not a regular thing, that each time it happens is for God’s purposes.
 
Yeah I rather stick with the fake haunted houses with a mummy waiting to pop out and spook ya.
paranormal investigators are taking a real chance going in there to televise it.
I recall this is one of the main reasons nick from ghost adventures left. His family did get attack by a demon that followed him home.Thank God that the demon was eventually rid from Nick’s family after some time. A little after that, Nick was asked to help investigate a house that was under another demon attack and he just didn’t want to risk it anymore and left after that investigation. I’m glad he did the right thing and got out of that mess, I hope his family is doing well.
 
Last edited:
There was a scene in ghost adventures where a priest warned Zach about messing with demons. Zach said it was no problem since all the demon managed to do was scratch him.

The priest warns him that the damage was worst in the spiritual plane.
 
Oct.31st: Highest Day of Sacrifice on the Occult/ Illuminati Calender. People should be praying rosaries instead of participating in this evil practice."
Somewhere, there’s a handful of 14 year old boys laughing over how they got that put into the parish bulletin.
 
A real haunted house does harbor real negative entities. It is not a good idea to visit them. They can really test your faith by latching onto your soul or following you home.
 
When I was in high school, I had a couple friends who lived in a haunted house. Nothing bad happened, so far as I’m aware.

Was it haunted, for real? I don’t know. I never experienced anything paranormal. However, too many others, including people who had never heard the stories about it, had experienced very odd happenings for me to brush it off as not real.
 
if your refering to the place you go for a spook with guys dressed like it where the 80s or as springtrap…

yeah its not a problem
 
From what I know as long as it’s a fake haunted house it’s okay. (people dressed up in the house scaring you). If it’s a real haunted house, then it’s not a good idea. From what I’ve heard real “haunted” houses are in fact infested by demons.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top