S
SummitJim
Guest
Please pardon me, I can’t figure out how to ask this in the right place. In an article about Mary’s virginity and state of betrothal at the time of Gabriel’s visit. He states that betrothal is the same as marriage, and does not mean engagement, as a Protestant apologist maintained. This whole thing just swirls around in my head and makes no sense. I point to the fact that the Catholic encyclopedia defines betrothal as an engagement, and does not equate it to marriage as Mr.Staples says.
I have a hard time accepting that Mary was married at the time of the angel’s visit, but I confess I never really wondered when Mary and Joseph were married. Mary was “betrothed” at that point, which means “engaged” in my mind. Help in understanding please?
I have a hard time accepting that Mary was married at the time of the angel’s visit, but I confess I never really wondered when Mary and Joseph were married. Mary was “betrothed” at that point, which means “engaged” in my mind. Help in understanding please?