Time Flies!

• Thread starter Thread starter Agricola
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Agricola

When kneeling in front of the tabernacle I sometimes completely loose track of time. There was one occasion when I knelt down for what seemed like no more than half an hour, and it ended up being more than 8 hours! On other occasions I have missed one or two hours. How come my knees and back don’t hurt afterward? Where does the time go?

Has anyone had any similar experiences? How were you praying at the time?

God bless,

Agricola

40.png
Agricola:
When kneeling in front of the tabernacle I sometimes completely loose track of time. There was one occasion when I knelt down for what seemed like no more than half an hour, and it ended up being more than 8 hours! On other occasions I have missed one or two hours. How come my knees and back don’t hurt afterward? Where does the time go?

God bless,

Agricola
Woah!

This is like deja vu or something, but of course I do not believe in coincidence – I figure on a site with this high bandwidth if enough people compare stories it is likely they will find common themes of events gone by as if they remember it all the time again.

Last night I went into the Adoration Chapel on an unscheduled visit, just after I viewed the body of a man who looked so peaceful he was an icon of joy that almost was strangely apparent about him.

There were two women watching him, and they were beginning to weep and then all of a sudden there was this odd sort of a sound, and suddenly the women’s tears just quit flowing – they were obviously in grief, but on their faces it looked like they were not sure whether they were smiling or in grief.

These last few days have been among the weirdest in my life, and I really don’t exactly know what I think I know, but somehow I am confident that there is another solution because the ones I come up with seem to quit half way throuigh.

So I thought, we should not commit half way to Adoration, but we should completely immerse ourselves with confidence that our faith really is as wonderful and mysterious as we say it is.

There is no way that anyone can take the truth out of the body of knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but the spirit gives life. :yup:

I’ve given a lot of thought to how time seems strange. Einsteing once told a newspaper reporter, “if you sit with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. If you sit on a hot stove for a minute, it seems like an hour. That’s relativity.”

Ever since then I’ve been trying to absorb this dichotomy so that it makes sense – of course I cannot prove it one way or the other – I can only report what I think and feel based on my flawed perception.

Alan

40.png
Agricola:

God bless,

Agricola
What you describe sounds like a great blessing. I can count on one hand the times in my lifetime where I was not aware of time passing while in prayer.

40.png
Dorothy:
What you describe sounds like a great blessing. I can count on one hand the times in my lifetime where I was not aware of time passing while in prayer.
Wow. I was in adoration last night, and all I can say is a priest told me not to say anything about what I saw.

I thought I was crazy, but I’m feeling better now for some stupid reason. Maybe somebody can help me, because I obviously can’t help myself without a lot of good friends.

Peace, and Merry Christmas to all. I pray that every one of us will find peace and fulfillment now and forever, Amen.

Alan

<<Wow. I was in adoration last night, and all I can say is a priest told me not to say anything about what I saw.

I thought I was crazy, but I’m feeling better now for some stupid reason. Maybe somebody can help me, because I obviously can’t help myself without a lot of good friends.>>

Sometimes the Lord gives us deep inner healings at adoration.

God bless, and Merry Christmas to you also!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back