F
Flavius_Aetius
Guest
Greetings to anyone who happens to look upon this thread, I’ve come to voice myself and listen to those who may or may not have a firmer understanding and commitment to God.
I suppose I’ll start with some background, my faith has abandoned me and as of this moment I cannot pray out of lack of spirit, I find Sunday Mass a waste of time, and I haven’t touch my bible in a long time and honestly have no intention of reading more than a few minutes of scripture every now and then.
Now originally my shelled faith didn’t remove the anger I held for the world and more specifically for those who had accepted sin completely into their lives without qualms. However after a few weeks of this empty faith I even started to lose this knight templar persona; now granted I find those who attacks Catholic and Christians deplorable still and my disgust of people in general is still quite fresh in my mind.
Now here is where I find the most problems with my Catholic faith, our role in politics. Now I agree that Catholics should fight in the political ring to allow ourselves to keep our independance from Government, examples would be that Catholic hospitals should be allowed to not preform or shift abortions to other hospitals, Goverment should respect that Catholic Adoption agencies do not wish to give children to Homosexual couples, and Catholic Churches should never so long as it stands be forced to provide the sacrament of Marriage to anything other than what is deemed acceptable (One man, one woman).
However I do not find it justifiable that we should be fighting to force the entire population (Of which their are non-theist) to accept Marriage as one man and one woman for Secular ‘Marriage’. I know some may wish to post that as a citizen it is your right to pass laws that go with your morals, however considering these laws effect everyone including homosexual people who believed they were allowed to have a Civil ‘marriage’ you must ask “Is it right to vote this way?” Having lost my blind anger I realized that not allowing two consenting humans to have the same secular rights as a heterosexual couple should not be allowed in the United States. When blinded by a red bandana of anger I simply thought that homosexuals were just trying to compare themselves to the Civil Rights movement, but I realized now that this is a valid injustice that a Secular government should not allow (Note: I still find Homosexuality a deplorable sin and am bitter that soon it shall join the other sins that culture has accepted but I will not attempt to repress nor support it!)
Now please think about this shall we? God himself allows evil to exist because he would never want to remove the free will of the creation he loves most. To enter Heaven we try to emulate Our Father in Heaven, so should we not attempt to use government to repress the sins of others. Instead of repressing others sin should we not simply evangelize and hope sinners see the light? Also for those who claim that it decays the meaning of Marriage, I say “That should of been dealt with MUCH earlier”
Honestly Catholics and Christians should of fought over letting the Government use the word Marriage for their Civil unions before Homosexuality was so freely accepted. Now that Homosexuality is more accepting by Secular society and Homosexuals wish to have State Marriages it seems Christians finally get into an uproar.
I know I’ve mentioned the politics of SS ‘Marriage’ but that is because while I see it deploreable I won’t attempt to stop it by Secular law. As for Homophilia that seems to come from all the people of the entertainment industry and of prestige, I can only hope that Catholics with firm grapse on their faith can negate these liberal soapboxes and keep the destruction of based morals from occuring on a majority.
To end this I will just say that I 100% will never consider another religion either of Christian or even non-Christian. I believe that if any Christian religion is valid then the Catholic faith is it. If this empty feeling continues I assume I’ll go Agnostic, or soft Atheist. (I already am losing my care about the mysteries of the Universe ect.) Anyways this is all I’d like to say, I await some responses.
I suppose I’ll start with some background, my faith has abandoned me and as of this moment I cannot pray out of lack of spirit, I find Sunday Mass a waste of time, and I haven’t touch my bible in a long time and honestly have no intention of reading more than a few minutes of scripture every now and then.
Now originally my shelled faith didn’t remove the anger I held for the world and more specifically for those who had accepted sin completely into their lives without qualms. However after a few weeks of this empty faith I even started to lose this knight templar persona; now granted I find those who attacks Catholic and Christians deplorable still and my disgust of people in general is still quite fresh in my mind.
Now here is where I find the most problems with my Catholic faith, our role in politics. Now I agree that Catholics should fight in the political ring to allow ourselves to keep our independance from Government, examples would be that Catholic hospitals should be allowed to not preform or shift abortions to other hospitals, Goverment should respect that Catholic Adoption agencies do not wish to give children to Homosexual couples, and Catholic Churches should never so long as it stands be forced to provide the sacrament of Marriage to anything other than what is deemed acceptable (One man, one woman).
However I do not find it justifiable that we should be fighting to force the entire population (Of which their are non-theist) to accept Marriage as one man and one woman for Secular ‘Marriage’. I know some may wish to post that as a citizen it is your right to pass laws that go with your morals, however considering these laws effect everyone including homosexual people who believed they were allowed to have a Civil ‘marriage’ you must ask “Is it right to vote this way?” Having lost my blind anger I realized that not allowing two consenting humans to have the same secular rights as a heterosexual couple should not be allowed in the United States. When blinded by a red bandana of anger I simply thought that homosexuals were just trying to compare themselves to the Civil Rights movement, but I realized now that this is a valid injustice that a Secular government should not allow (Note: I still find Homosexuality a deplorable sin and am bitter that soon it shall join the other sins that culture has accepted but I will not attempt to repress nor support it!)
Now please think about this shall we? God himself allows evil to exist because he would never want to remove the free will of the creation he loves most. To enter Heaven we try to emulate Our Father in Heaven, so should we not attempt to use government to repress the sins of others. Instead of repressing others sin should we not simply evangelize and hope sinners see the light? Also for those who claim that it decays the meaning of Marriage, I say “That should of been dealt with MUCH earlier”
Honestly Catholics and Christians should of fought over letting the Government use the word Marriage for their Civil unions before Homosexuality was so freely accepted. Now that Homosexuality is more accepting by Secular society and Homosexuals wish to have State Marriages it seems Christians finally get into an uproar.
I know I’ve mentioned the politics of SS ‘Marriage’ but that is because while I see it deploreable I won’t attempt to stop it by Secular law. As for Homophilia that seems to come from all the people of the entertainment industry and of prestige, I can only hope that Catholics with firm grapse on their faith can negate these liberal soapboxes and keep the destruction of based morals from occuring on a majority.
To end this I will just say that I 100% will never consider another religion either of Christian or even non-Christian. I believe that if any Christian religion is valid then the Catholic faith is it. If this empty feeling continues I assume I’ll go Agnostic, or soft Atheist. (I already am losing my care about the mysteries of the Universe ect.) Anyways this is all I’d like to say, I await some responses.