To those devoted to Padre Pio

• Thread starter Thread starter Jade
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jade

Hello Friends!

May the Love of Christ fill you this holiday season and always!

I have had a very interesting dream about St. Pio a few months ago and since then I have been gathering information about him.

I am curious- how has Padre Pio helped you? For those of you who feel close to him and have a special devotion to him, would you share your story?

Thank you and God Bless.

Jade.

Padre Pio ushered me into the Church. I was a Jew that was dating a Catholic girl. I was at Mass one night when I heard (internal or external?) the voice of God say " It’s time to come home". I then started reading about and praying to this Priest by the name of Padre Pio. I was guided to the Church in a way that can only be explained by someone guiding me. Things happened that cannot be explained. I could go on but needless to say I have a great devotion to him. I read everything about him I can get my hands on. I have photos of him. I pray to him and ask his intercession. on and on etc.

dear friend recently returned from a pilgrimage that included a tour of Padre Pio’s home and the room he lived in before his last illness. It evidently is behind a glass wall to protect it, but she took a picture through the glass. His image is clearly present on one side of the glass, and our lady on the other in both the digital image and the prints of her picture. According to her and the 3 people who travelled with her there was no statue, picture or other image of Padre Pio or Our Lady anywhere inside or outside the room. when the picture was taken.she had been praying to him for help with husband (who returned to the Church and was anointed shortly before his death from cancer) and her sons, who both turned away from destructive lifestyles and returned to the church, one just before and one just after the death of their father. She attributes this and other graces received by her family to Padre Pio’s intercession.

My great uncle was a friend of his, and learned of Padre Pio while he was stationed in Italy during the war.

(EWTN interviewed my uncle and it was on the week of Padre Pio’s feast day- William Carrigan).

So I grew up hearing about Padre Pio and about how he would be a saint one day.

He was actually canonized while I was “away” from the Church, but some of my family went, including Uncle Bill C.

He died shortly after.

Anyway, when I was trying to come back to the Church, for good and making a clean sweep of a lot of stuff, I prayed to Padre Pio to get me to Confession as I was terrified to go.

Well, long story short, I got there and as soon as I came home after that wonderful confession, I smelled a scent of flowers…but there were neither flowers nor scented candles nor perfume in the area, and I had never experienced that scent in a bottle, anyway.

I later found one of the letters my uncle had written to me, and in the letter he told me he had added my brother and I to Padre Pio’s spiritual family long long ago.

And that’s my Padre Pio story!

He kind of intimidates me…he was known to be pretty grumpy, and I think that if I ever met him he would have been very cross with me. 😦

JCphoenix,

Thank you for your story. Since your uncle knew St. Pio, did he ever tell any stories about what he was like?

I too find him intimidating, he does look rather gruff, but then I found a website that has some quotes from him and I realized how full of compassion and love he was for everyone.
If you are interested, here is the website:

www.padrepiodevotions.org/index.asp

I would be very interested to learn what you have learned about this saint. Could I PM you at some point?

God Bless!

Jade.

40.png
Jade:
JCphoenix,

Thank you for your story. Since your uncle knew St. Pio, did he ever tell any stories about what he was like?

I too find him intimidating, he does look rather gruff, but then I found a website that has some quotes from him and I realized how full of compassion and love he was for everyone.
If you are interested, here is the website:

www.padrepiodevotions.org/index.asp

I would be very interested to learn what you have learned about this saint. Could I PM you at some point?

God Bless!

Jade.
Unfortunately I have nothing more to add. I never met this uncle…he was my mother’s uncle, and my great uncle and he lived in Baltimore. He was a well-known philanthropist and devoted his life to working to promote Padre Pio’s canonization and spread devotion to him…and he was successful.

But I never met him or asked any questions. There is a good bit of photography out there with his name all over it because when Padre Pio came to the US my uncle was intstrumental in that and took many many photos for holy card purposes. There are many websites that mention him, unfortunately I can’t find them as my computer was wiped out/ refurbished so all my favorites had to be rebuilt.

If you can find the EWTN interview, my uncle talks about Padre Pio and tells some stories about him, but I don’t think the video is for sale…I couldn’t find it in their library. But watch for it on special programming at www.ewtn.com and maybe they’ll play it again next September on his feast day.

Sorry I can’t tell you any more.

Hi JC!

That’s alright. Thanks for replying.

God Bless,
Shannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back