Too Late For Consecration

• Thread starter Thread starter Scout
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scout

Does one have to begin the Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary on the days suggested, or can one begin at anytime? Also, if one starts late-do we play “catch-up” for the days we missed, or do we just start and do one day at a time.

Scout :hmmm:

I would not do the “play catch up” because I think it is meant to stay that way for a reason so you can have a certain time to prepare…however, I think St. Louis de Montfort does mention that the preperation does not have to take as long, you can shave off a few days if you feel up to it. You don’t really have to stick with the dates either (in my humble opinion) because prayer is meant to be a personal thing and I am sure our Blessed Mother would be happy to have you even if you don’t show up at the right time. Many people just do it at the beginning of each year and devote the whole year to Jesus through Mary.

Do you have the book “Preperation for Total Consecration according to Saint Lous Marie de Montfort”? If not, you can look up the Montfort Missionaries on google or whatever you use and fing their website, they have the hard copy of the book to buy and also for free, they have the soft copy posted.

I hope you try it, I have a hard time with prayer and I had my troubles with it, but I made it!:clapping:

Scout -

Like Flicker, I’m not sure one HAS to do the consecration on the days suggested. I am, however, a lover of tradition, and it seems to me that there are so many suggested days that you shouldn’t have to wait long for the next. The Assumtion is coming up soon, and there are so many Marian feasts that with the 33 day preparation period, one never has to wait long to consecrate on a designated day. Using one of the suggested days also serves to make it easier for you to remember the day of your initial consecration. I chose St. Louis’s feast day (April 28) for mine. The choice is yours, however. Whatever you choose, I know you will be glad you made the consecration. God Bless!!

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back