B
breathelifefor
Guest
What does it mean by the catholic church uses tradition and apolistic tradition? I know protestants use bible only
You are speaking of apples and oranges. As one of the posters above said, Apostolic Succession refers to the fact that every Catholic Bishop has been ordained by another Bishop, etc. in a long line leading directly to one of the Apostoles, each of whom was ordained by Christ. So, each Catholic Bishop now living has been ordained by Christ through the long line of Bishops from now to then. Each Bishop then has his authority to teach, ordain other Bishops and Priests, and to celebrate the Sacraments and to authorize other ordained men to celebrate the Sacraments and to teach in the name of Christ - to do all in the name of Christ by the authority Christ gave the first Apostles, who have handed this authority on directly to the men presently exercising the Priesthood. Thus, only a validly ordained Catholic Priest or Bishop can validly celebrate Mass and conscrate the Eucharist, ordain other men, and celebrate the other Sacraments, and fogive sins, and teach in Christ’s name. The only Sacraments non-Catholics may celebrate validly are Baptism and Marriage.What does it mean by the catholic church uses tradition and apolistic tradition? I know protestants use bible only
Aha! You ARE him. Thanks, I just found the proof. Why another account?By any chance are you MrPizzaDude? Your handwriting is rather strikingly similar, in addition to other details.
I wondered what this could possibly mean, so I did a bit of checking. I see that the science of textual criticism is alive and well on CAF. Well played, Sirach2 - truly a worthy candidate of the CAF Nobel Prize in linguistic science.Aha! You ARE him. Thanks, I just found the proof.
Yes I am him, IF I remember I was drunk that night and I was scared of hell so I guess I created another account but I’m not going to use that account anymore and just keep the orgingalAha! You ARE him. Thanks, I just found the proof. Why another account?
Elementary Watson.Aha! You ARE him. Thanks, I just found the proof. Why another account?
My turn to do a bit of checking. I had to look up what “science of textual criticism” meant. :doh2:I wondered what this could possibly mean, so I did a bit of checking. I see that the science of textual criticism is alive and well on CAF. Well played, Sirach2 - truly a worthy candidate of the CAF Nobel Prize in linguistic science.
If you ever build a CAF “troll detector” then sign me up as an initial subscriber. I don’t appreciate people who create bogus accounts to drain away Catholic resources.
The “science” part is redundant, but I always include it because the English word “criticism” doesn’t normally mean what it means in “textual criticism.”My turn to do a bit of checking. I had to look up what “science of textual criticism” meant
Yikes, I have to use hunt-and-poke slo-mo procedures. Nice!The “science” part is redundant, but I always include it because the English word “criticism” doesn’t normally mean what it means in “textual criticism.”
The science got a HUGE boost with the advent of computing technology. Researchers have created vast databases of thousands of ancient texts. We have the ability, as never before, to accurately date documents, identify literary “glosses,” etc.
The surprising result is that we have a far better understanding of the actual text of the Bible than anyone since the Apostolic Age. Modern Bibles have the ability to be far more reliable than ever before (unless the translator inserts bias, as with the NIV: forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=59496).