F
Frankenfurter
Guest
It’s a wonderful personal insight into the eucharist. The eucharist is rich and deep and surely there is enough depth in it to support your insights. Thank you for that. You can always play it safe and just let folks know that this is your own personal insight. You can help them understand that if they pray about the eucharist too they will likely have their own insights - it is that rich and personal. I’ve never heard that one myself but I love it.Can it be said that, in the Eucharist, the Bread and Wine become Jesus in the same way that the Divine Son became Man in the Incarnation?
Too much technical stuff with accidents and stuff loses the magic of the eucharist I think. Much of that discussion is wrapped in philosophical terms from the middle ages too that do not relate very well to modern thinkers.
If I may, let me share my own personal thought on the eucharist too. Suppose Jesus had given us the gift of himself in a physical form instead of a sacramental one? Can you imagine the evil, the wars, the intrigue in possessing such a thing? Instead Jesus gives us himself in the most fragile, inexpensive, easy to access, impossible to exploit way, only accessible to the humble and the faithful. It is divinely brilliant and outsmarts evil.
It is more important I think to understand why Christ gives us himself this way rather than trying to understand the divine mechanism in our terms.
Your point is clearly valid. If God can become man, then the eucharist can become the body of Christ. Now, we enter into: why would God do such a thing? And the world can spend eternity contemplating that.
Great insight. I love it!