Trappist retreats, anyone?

• Thread starter Thread starter y2daddy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

y2daddy

I was wondering if anyone here takes retreats at Trappist monasteries. I’ve been on several at Our Lady of the Abbey of the
Genessee (OK, I butchered the official title, but you get the point). It’s in Piffard, NY, close to Rochester. Haven’t been there in a few years but it holds a soft spot in my heart as a place where the Lord has met me. Everytime I hear John Michael Talbot’s Chant album I’m immediately transported back.

Anyone else?

40.png
y2daddy:
I was wondering if anyone here takes retreats at Trappist monasteries. I’ve been on several at Our Lady of the Abbey of the
Genessee (OK, I butchered the official title, but you get the point). It’s in Piffard, NY, close to Rochester. Haven’t been there in a few years but it holds a soft spot in my heart as a place where the Lord has met me. Everytime I hear John Michael Talbot’s Chant album I’m immediately transported back.

Anyone else?
I go to the Abbey of the Genesee at least once a month. One of the monks there is helping me out as a spiritual director until/if I go off to the seminary.

He is a very holy monk. I greatly enjoy my visits.

Haven’t been to a retreat there though.

When I lived in Seattle I usted to make a retreat each year at the Abbey of O. L. of Guadalupe, in Lafayette, outside Portland.

Now I sometimes go to the Abbey of O. L. of the Holy Cross in Berryville, VA. Its very nice. They are slowing adding Latin to their Masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back