trouble praying

• Thread starter Thread starter DEESYPAL
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DEESYPAL

I have great trouble praying. I find it hard to when I get up in the morning, whereby I get bored, tired and agitated because I cannot find the proper words for praise or thankgiving. I always find myself repeating words day after day, becoming lukewarm.

My prayers i feel are not reaching GOD. I just cant believe that hes listening to me I just feel so distant. I dont know what to do.
I feel like the devil is trying to cover my mouth.

I know there so many ways of praying, but i want it to be really personal, but I dont know where to begin. I cant believe this is a problem because prayer used come easy for me.

We all get periods of dryness in our prayer life. It is not necessary to use words when we pray. We just focus on the lord and his loving presence. If there is a priest, deacon, nun, or other spiritual person that you feel you can trust with your feelings, by all means go to them with your concerns.

May God speak to you in your heart,
Deacon Tony

the Holy Spirit prays for us in “inexpressible groanings” when we are unable to vocalize or express our prayers by our own efforts. That to me is the best description of what we go through in these periods of being unable to pray. No matter what you feel, you know absolutely that your prayer reaches God, and may in fact be more perfect because it went directly from your heart without the filter of your words and thoughts.

I like to look up at the sky… and no matter how it looks, I just often cannot help but just stare for a moment, think about how awesome God must be (is!) who made it… and just say…

WOW!!!

40.png
puzzleannie:
the Holy Spirit prays for us in “inexpressible groanings” when we are unable to vocalize or express our prayers by our own efforts. That to me is the best description of what we go through in these periods of being unable to pray. No matter what you feel, you know absolutely that your prayer reaches God, and may in fact be more perfect because it went directly from your heart without the filter of your words and thoughts.
:amen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back