True Devotion to Mary

• Thread starter Thread starter sunset
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunset

The fourth mystery of the Glorious Mysteries, The Assumpton, I meditate upon true devotion to Mary as I pray my Rosary. As my spiritual journey grows, I am finding myself seeking even greater ways to express an even truer, more genuine devotion to Mary. My time of daily praying the Rosary is a time filled by the Holy Spirit, and I regularly pray Novenas. I would like to hear what others are doing on their spiritual walk that has enhanced even greater, even more true devotion to Mary. Thank you and have a GREAT day!

Sunset,

It is refreshing to read about other peoples devotion to Our Lady. A little background on myself, I am a convert from the Christian Reformed church and Mary was unfortunately relegated to the closet in our religion. She was only really ever mentioned around Christmas time, and even then she was not given any particular noteriety. Since my conversion to the Church 3 years ago, I have found a particular devotion to Mary, and have found her to be yet another reason why I am glad I converted. I pray the Rosary daily, like yourself, and pray the Memorare often too. I have sometimes felt her presence, and have seen the benefit of her intercession.

In January I am joining a pilgrimage to Mexico to see Our Lady of Guadalupe. I am anxious to look right into her eyes, but I do not yet know what I will think or even say.

40.png
FrankR:
In January I am joining a pilgrimage to Mexico to see Our Lady of Guadalupe. I am anxious to look right into her eyes, but I do not yet know what I will think or even say.
What a beautiful experience that will be. We are so blessed to have Her as Our Mother.

Sunset,
Have you considered consecrating yourself to the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary (St Louis De Montfort’s method)?
It is a beautiful life long committment. Here is some info.

kensmen.com/catholic/totalconsecrationmontfort.html

40.png
FrankR:
It is refreshing to read about other peoples devotion to Our Lady. A little background on myself, I am a convert from the Christian Reformed church and Mary was unfortunately relegated to the closet in our religion. She was only really ever mentioned around Christmas time, and even then she was not given any particular noteriety. Since my conversion to the Church 3 years ago, I have found a particular devotion to Mary, and have found her to be yet another reason why I am glad I converted. I pray the Rosary daily, like yourself, and pray the Memorare often too. I have sometimes felt her presence, and have seen the benefit of her intercession.
Praise God! thanks for sharing.

Hi Sunset,

Your devotion is wonderful. It is such a wonderful gift. Have you ever considered making rosaries and giving them to a local school or donate them to church. If interested, let me know.

My life used to revolve around the rosary. My spiritual director asked me when praying to contemplate all of the gifts God has given me. This has enhanced my prayer life immensely. If you start with the gift of being able to breath, the list of things to be grateful for is endless.

I read in one of the posts about consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus or the Immaculate Heart of Mary. I would strongly recommend this as well.

God bless you,
Trevor 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back