S
sushierror
Guest
Hello everyone,
I have been on CA for over six months now, I think. I am seventeen and have been Catholic my entire life (I received the Sacrament of Confirmation in October as a matter of fact).
Unfortunately, over the past month or so, I have been losing my faith entirely. I have been doubting Jesus’ presence in my life because the past 6-7 months have been extremely difficult for me due to depression and an addiction to an OTC drug. I feel so much anger towards God because I wonder why he wasn’t there when I was really down and/or when I was taking the drug.
Last year, I was really happy to be Catholic. I attended Mass every Sunday and was really moved by the liturgy. The more I learned about the Catholic Church, I became more proud to call myself a Catholic. I remember one assignment in my Confirmation class where I had to research a number of Catholic relief organizations. I was blown away by the work the Church has done over the decades. All of this has suddenly come to a halt over the past few months. I still attend Mass with my parents, but have stopped praying entirely. If anything, Mass bores me and I wonder where my praying will lead me to.
I think there is a strong part of me that wants to continue to follow our faith. I’m sure there is, otherwise, I would not be worried like I am now and be seeking some advice on here. Does anyone (esp. those who have been in a similar situation) have any advice for me on how to strengthen my faith, especially during this Lenten season? I just really want to feel God’s presence in my life, because I have not felt that for quite a long time. I hope I make some sense! Thanks in advance.
I have been on CA for over six months now, I think. I am seventeen and have been Catholic my entire life (I received the Sacrament of Confirmation in October as a matter of fact).
Unfortunately, over the past month or so, I have been losing my faith entirely. I have been doubting Jesus’ presence in my life because the past 6-7 months have been extremely difficult for me due to depression and an addiction to an OTC drug. I feel so much anger towards God because I wonder why he wasn’t there when I was really down and/or when I was taking the drug.
Last year, I was really happy to be Catholic. I attended Mass every Sunday and was really moved by the liturgy. The more I learned about the Catholic Church, I became more proud to call myself a Catholic. I remember one assignment in my Confirmation class where I had to research a number of Catholic relief organizations. I was blown away by the work the Church has done over the decades. All of this has suddenly come to a halt over the past few months. I still attend Mass with my parents, but have stopped praying entirely. If anything, Mass bores me and I wonder where my praying will lead me to.
I think there is a strong part of me that wants to continue to follow our faith. I’m sure there is, otherwise, I would not be worried like I am now and be seeking some advice on here. Does anyone (esp. those who have been in a similar situation) have any advice for me on how to strengthen my faith, especially during this Lenten season? I just really want to feel God’s presence in my life, because I have not felt that for quite a long time. I hope I make some sense! Thanks in advance.
