• Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catherine_A

These two pages are awesome!

fisheaters.com/epiphanyeve.html

fisheaters.com/customschristmas8.html

The symbolism of the constellation Orion, and the flowers, the Magis’ gits – beautiful!

I followed the link to these pages from Don Jim’s blog today and yes I agree with you, they are awesome. 🙂

You might want to check out my post entitled ‘Epiphany Party’ in Family Life.

Thanks! The Epiphany is such a beautiful, meaningful feast. It is too overlooked these days!

Hi Catherine,

Welcome to the forums!!

Although much of the information available at the fisheaters site is accurate, I just want to give you a heads-up that the site contains some serious error.

Please see this thread: forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=89162 for some more info on the site.

Although there may be useful information at the site, it only takes a little poison to make the drink dangerous. You might try Catholic Culture.org as an alternative for some information about the the liturgical year.

God Bless you, and welcome to the forums again!
VC

Catherine A:
The symbolism of the constellation Orion. . .-- beautiful!
Hi again Catherine,

I thought you might like this astonomical “coincidence” as well:

from the astonomer "Star Hustler" the “Cross and the Manger” episode.
Now one thing that always fascinated me about Cygnus was that as he approached the western horizon he seemed to change his shape from a swan into a great cross, a star pattern early Christians called the Northern Cross. It was also interesting to me that every year during Christmas week, around 8 p.m. or so that this cross stands almost upright on the northwestern horizon. . . .as I was researching my Christmas show the little obscure star cluster called the “Bee Hive” caught my attention and jogged an old memory, for I remembered that the Bee Hive’s real name is ‘Praesepe’ which is Latin for ‘The Manger’. . . .at 8 p.m. on the 25th of December was not only the Northern Cross standing upright on the western horizon, just about to set, but directly opposite on the eastern horizon was Praesepe, the Manger, just rising. And they will always be there opposite each other in the heavens every year, every Christmas of our lives.
Nice, eh?

Bishop Fulton Sheen used to point out that always the Birth of Chirst has the “shadow of the cross” overlayed upon it. Since, as Bishop Sheen said, all men come into the world to live, but Christ was the only who came into this world to die.

See this excerpt from our beloved Bishop Sheen:
The Three Wise Men brought gifts to the Baby. One brought gold, because He is the King of the world, and kings usually wear golden ornaments. Another brought incense, because He is God and ought to be surrounded with sweet-smelling odors as He is adored. Another brought myrrh - a kind of medicine used to soften wounds and to wash the dead. The Wise Man who brought the myrrh knew that evil men would not like anyone as good as Jesus, and that one day they would kill Him.

Think of how sad your own mother would have been if someone brought her myrrh when you were born. Well, His Mother was very sad, for a cruel death was in store for her divine little Son. As she stood at the stable door one sunset, and stretched out her arms wide, she saw fall on the crib of her little Boy - the Shadow of a Cross.”

(excerpt from “Jesus, Son of Mary”)
I hope you find this bit of astronomy as interesting as I do!

God love you,
VC

VerbumCaro, that is ASTOUNDING! Marvelous! I am sending this information to the people who run the Fish Eaters website; this looks like something right up their alley.

He is amazing! The Heavens declare His glory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back