C
CollegeKid
Guest
I’ve been reading Archbishop Fulton Sheen’s The Priest is Not His Own and Frank Sheed’s A Map of Life. I’ve enjoyed both so far, and as any good book does, they have both provoked me to serious thought and even confusion and some intellectual discomfort. Bear in mind I consider this a strong point for a book because it would seem to indicate that I’m actually learning something new about my faith, something profound, not just passively taking in information I already know. All that said, here is my first question:
- Both Sheed and Sheen make the point that Christ is One Divine Person, God, the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity. They then clarify that he has two natures-divine and human. They further clarify that this means that even though God the Son, the Second Person of the Trinity has a human body and soul, this does not mean that Christ is in any way a** human person**. He is only the Divine Person, God the Son, with a human nature perfectly united to His Divine nature. With the presence of a human body and soul, though, how can there not be a human person? Thank you, and I’ll post my next question in another thread.