Ubi Caritas...?

• Thread starter Thread starter Shakuhachi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shakuhachi

I love the little song, Ubi Caritas… Deus ibi est.

If God is love, as scripture tells us, and Christ is God , then it would seem the song is true. 'Where charity and love prevail, there God is ever found.

If this is true it opens us to a much wider understanding of salvation.

‘For charity delivers from death and keeps you from entering the darkness; and for all who practice it charity is an excellent offering in the presence of the Most High.’ - Tobit 4:10-11

Why would you think it’s not true?
Granted, the amount of hate routinely thrown around on this forum does not exactly comport with “God is love” unless your idea of love is shunning and shaming everybody who thinks differently from you.
But this forum isn’t representative.

Last edited:
Why would you think it’s not true?
Granted, the amount of hate routinely thrown around on this forum does not exactly comport with “God is love” unless your idea of love is shunning and shaming everybody who thinks differently from you.
But this forum isn’t representative.
WELL YOU WOULD THINK THAT WOULDN’T YOU, WHAT WITH YOUR BEING WRONG ALL THE TIME 😤

Actually, I find this forum to be waaay more mellow than most fora 🙂

I’d say it can be a bit uptight. People are a little quick to throw flags and don’t always differentiate between people who are really over the line and people who are joking/being tongue in cheek.

My wife had “Deus ibi est” inscribed in my wedding ring.

O how important it is to feel loved. Those who grow up without it are at such a disadvantage…or in a culture of hate, disrespect, vengeance, etc.

I’d say it can be a bit uptight. People are a little quick to throw flags and don’t always differentiate between people who are really over the line and people who are joking/being tongue in cheek.
Or having the guts to have an opposing opinion than the majority.

It is a beautiful hymn. There are hymns, movies, media that touch our hearts in small and in profound ways.
I just watched ‘Silence’. It has had a very profound effect on my faith.
O how important it is to feel loved. Those who grow up without it are at such a disadvantage…or in a culture of hate, disrespect, vengeance, etc.
Love is in the seeking of everyone, from the toughest outlaw bikie to the holiest living sainted person. It is the great equaliser.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back