Unexplainable feeling - please help

• Thread starter Thread starter serenity
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

serenity

I went to a mission and was standing by a statue of St. Francis Xavier when I felt this incredible - almost indescribable feeling. It was the most beautiful feeling I ever had. I felt so joyous and it nearly took my breath away. It sort of felt like some sort of power. I had never been to this mission before and didn’t know anything about it. I am trying to learn as much as I can about St. Francis. I’m also trying to find out just what I felt. Any help would be appreciated.

St. Francis Xavier is a saint known for his healing and helping. I believe what you felt was his presence. He may be asking you to pray to him for some type of healing that you may be in need of.
Are you a CCD teacher? If so he may willing to help you as he did in India. At the end of every day, after preaching to the indians and ministering the sick and conducting worship services for lepers, he would ring a bell for the children to come and gather for catechism lessons. He also wrote catchy tunes as an easy way to learn the Christian truths.
Frances never gave up. He had a great deal of courage and faith.
He is the patron saint of missions.
Hope this helps.

Dear friend

I know you say you cannot describe this feeling, but did it feel like this…

Your heart felt full, it burnt and swelled, you felt loved and gave love at the same time, you felt fully alive, you felt complete, you felt no anguish though there are a million little worries in your life and maybe some larger ones, you felt time was unimportant and lost track of time during that time, you felt compassion and a sense of belonging. You felt tearful but not sad, rather you felt overwhelming joy. It brought about a desire to love and to give joy to others. You felt breathless and overwhelmed perhaps so much as you couldn’t speak or think.

I could go on, but if you felt ANY of those things, this is the love of Christ Jesus, His love touched your heart either directly or through the intercession of St Francis.

This is LOVE.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Thank you both for replying. A friend of mine suggested that I might be in need of healing. From what physical illness, I do not know. I thought my past illnesses were already healed. Yes, I am a CCD teacher. We just moved (where I’m now at) a few months ago. I was following where God led me.

The experience I had at the mission was much like you described Teresa! It felt like I had a million goose bumps, and I kept touching my arms to see if I did, but I didn’t. My little daughters were with me and I just kept saying, “Do you feel that? Oh my God! Do you feel that!” (I’m sure some people there thought I was nuts). After the feeling ended, I thought maybe I should just sit there and pray for a friend’s husband, so I did. I’d give anything to feel that again.

Again, thank you so much for your replies.

I believe this unexplainable feeling you had was the Holy Spirit, working inside you.
Welcome to the best kept secret of the Catholic Church.
Whenever I receive these feelings, I just try to keep still and let the Holy Spirit, do as he wills…and I meditate on what he’s trying to teach me.
This is the Holy Spirit setting you on fire, for you, to be able to serve God, and His Church more completely.
Jeanette

Serenity,

You have been shown the awesome power of Jesus’ love. Isn’t it an amazing feeling?
You have been granted a gift because I do not believe many people have been given this window into God’s love.
God has blessed you - I pray He keeps on blessing you.

I just wanted to clarify a statement I made - “I’d give anything to feel that again.” I do not want to give the wrong impression here because I didn’t mean that statement to be taken literal. It is merely an expression of how beautiful it felt.

Snuffy and Jrabs, thank you so much for your insightful posts and prayers.

40.png
serenity:
I just wanted to clarify a statement I made - “I’d give anything to feel that again.” I do not want to give the wrong impression here because I didn’t mean that statement to be taken literal. It is merely an expression of how beautiful it felt.

Dearest Serenity

I understood what you meant, there is no feeling like this ever or anywhere, not from any person, it is a love beyond love, it is like you say, indescribeable when you feel it. All I can say is don’t worry if you don’t ever feel it again, that love, Jesus’ love, God’s love, the Holy Spirits love is always with you even when you do not feel it.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

40.png
serenity:
It felt like I had a million goose bumps, and I kept touching my arms to see if I did, but I didn’t…I’d give anything to feel that again.

Again, thank you so much for your replies.
Isn’t that such a wonderful feeling?!?!?!?!? It’s at times like that that there is no doubt that there is a God and He loves you. I would have to say that God was telling you something. I don’t think anyone can tell you what it meant. Maybe it was a suggestion to do something, maybe a request, maybe just reassurance that what you were doing was right. I would say don’t try to overanalyze it. Just let it excite you and deepen your faith!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back