unforgiveness

  • Thread starter Thread starter Monica4316
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Monica4316

Guest
What do you do if someone in your family doesn’t want to forgive you for something and no longer talks to you? 😦 and you’ve asked them for forgiveness and apologized… 😦
 
Monica, I know that is unbearably sad,
but if you have asked forgiveness and been rejected, you have done what Christ tells us to do. You have no power over someone else’s choice or free will.
We can only join you in praying that this family member will in time repent their unforgiveness.
I ask God to help and comfort you.
 
thank you :hug1:

I know this person is very forgiving usually maybe they’re just trying to ‘teach me a lesson’… it still hurts though cause this person is dear to me. I just want things to be alright again but I know I was the one who messed it all up. I dunno maybe what I’ve done is just hard to forgive too…

and I can’t seem to forgive myself either though I know that God is very merciful. I’m going to go to Confession for this sometime this week… but I really feel that I’ve let God down especially after He’s been so good to me. I know that He’ll forgive me and I don’t understand how He can, but I’m trying to trust Him on this cause I don’t want to disbelieve in His love, and hurt Him even more than I have.
 
Only time can heal, now. Move on and look forward to better days.

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood
 
What do you do if someone in your family doesn’t want to forgive you for something and no longer talks to you? 😦 and you’ve asked them for forgiveness and apologized… 😦
Pray for that person daily, Monica. Jesus himself in teaching us the Our Father, has us pray that our own forgiveness is dependent on our giving forgiveness. That is very hard for some to do. That is why it is important to pray for them.
 
I am very sorry for the difficult situation you’re going through, and you’ll be in my prayers.

Just remember never to doubt God’s capacity for forgiveness. Whatever transpires with your earthly relationships, just know that God’s love for you is totally and completely giving and bottomless. Go to confession, tell Jesus that you’re sorry, and pray that your family member feels some of that forgiveness in their heart. Don’t despair, though; God is love.

Try reading some of St. Faustina’s Diary if you’re feeling down; it’s a massive testament to Jesus’ infinite capacity for mercy.

Good luck with your situation - I’ve been in something similar and know the self-doubt and anguish it can sow in you. Just turn to the sacraments, talk to your priest, and give it time. People can come around.
 
Pray for your friend and send him/her a card for his/her birthday. You don’t have to write anything other than your signature. Maybe the person might eventually come around. If not, you can still show your love through prayers for the person and a card sent to them every now and then.
 
Pray, pray, and pray some more. :gopray2:

I don’t know how long it’s been since “something” happened, but everyone needs time to be able to forgive. Just keep showing that person how sorry you are and how you care for them through your actions and attitude, and eventually forgiveness will come 🙂
 
What do you do if someone in your family doesn’t want to forgive you for something and no longer talks to you? 😦 and you’ve asked them for forgiveness and apologized… 😦
Yes, pray for them Monica. And I would also take them (in spirit) to Jesus, in the Blessed Sacrament. Just sit with Our dear Lord, and tell Him of your sorrow. He knows that you’ve tried. :console: Place the person in the Heart of Jesus… and let Our Lord take it from there.

God bless you.

MV 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top