M
micahmike
Guest
Hi everybody.
“now offer an act of contrition and we can absolve you…”
While I made my act of contrition, he prayed quietly in words I couldn’t hear, as they usually do…, then he said something to the effect of either “the Lord has given you parden and peace” or “may the Lord give you pardon and peace”, I don’t recall which and sent me on my way. I regret not asking for clarification at that time, I was a bit perplexed and for whatever reason was too uncomfortable to question him.
Was this a valid Sacrament, have my sins been forgiven? Thanks!
Code:
This morning I thought myself in need of Confession due to a mortal sin on my conscience. I sought out the nearest Mass and asked for a Confession afterwords. The Priest was very accomodating, but rather than end the sacrament with the usual "and I absolve yuou of your sins in the name of.." he said something to the effect of:
While I made my act of contrition, he prayed quietly in words I couldn’t hear, as they usually do…, then he said something to the effect of either “the Lord has given you parden and peace” or “may the Lord give you pardon and peace”, I don’t recall which and sent me on my way. I regret not asking for clarification at that time, I was a bit perplexed and for whatever reason was too uncomfortable to question him.
Was this a valid Sacrament, have my sins been forgiven? Thanks!