URGENT: Prayer for George Banks being executed tomorrow

• Thread starter Thread starter Madaglan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Madaglan

I saw this in the news near where I live, and I was just wondering if everyone could pray for this person who is to be executed. He killed lots of people, and I think he needs forgiveness and our prayers. I know that some may think he desserves death, but I am against the death penalty except in extreme cases (as the Catechism teaches). So, please offer your prayers.

Here’s a link to how Catholic Bishops are trying to stop the execution tomorrow:

news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/usnw/20041201/pl_usnw/pennsylvania_catholic_bishops_urge_halt_to_execution115_xml

I WILL PRAY FOR HIM, I UNDERSTAND YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE DEATH PENALTY. JESUS DIED FOR HIM, TOO.ASK FOR SAINT MARIA GORRETTI TO INTERCEDE TOO. SHE WAS MURDERED AND FORGAVE HER MURDERER ON HER DEATH BED, HE WAQS UNREPENTED IN PRISON UNTIL HE HAD A VISION OF HER. hE UNDERWENT A CONVERSION AND WHEN HE GOT OUT JOINED A MONASTARY AND ATTENDED HER CANNONIZATION WITH HER MOM. AWSOME, HEH.GOD BLESS

Almighty God, have mercy upon the soul of George Banks

Grant him the gift of repentence, help him see the Light of Truth, draw him back to the narrow path, spare him from the clutches of the evil one.

Make him an instrument of Your Glory.

For You Almighty One, can do all things!

For this I pray, through Christ Jesus Our Lord

And may the Holy Theotokos pray for him!

+T+

Eternal Father, we offer Thee the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity, of Thy dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sin, and those of the whole world.

for the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Holy God,
Holy Mighty One,
Holy Immortal One,
Have Mercy on us, and on the whole world.

Holy God,
Holy Mighty One,
Holy Immortal One,

Holy God,
Holy Mighty One,
Holy Immortal One,

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us. I trust in You!

Jesus, I trust in you
Jesus, I trust in you
Jesus, I trust in you

Lord have Mercy
Christ have Mercy
Lord have Mercy.

40.png
Madaglan:
I saw this in the news near where I live, and I was just wondering if everyone could pray for this person who is to be executed. He killed lots of people, and I think he needs forgiveness and our prayers. I know that some may think he desserves death, but I am against the death penalty except in extreme cases (as the Catechism teaches). So, please offer your prayers.

Here’s a link to how Catholic Bishops are trying to stop the execution tomorrow:

news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/usnw/20041201/pl_usnw/pennsylvania_catholic_bishops_urge_halt_to_execution115_xml
First off, it is not murder when you are subjected to the punishment of society, and secondly, George Banks’s soul is more important than his body. I would pray for his conversion and that he repents, but I would do nothing to stop the execution. He has no place in society, and why keep feeding him…??? He killed five of his own children…He had better find redemption from God becuase he is about to lose his chance, Then he will get the punishment he really deserves.

Sorry I am so harsh, but my tolerance of sin stops at the intentional hurt or death of children. Pray for my tolerance level 😉 .

Peace to you all

40.png
TheGarg:
First off, it is not murder when you are subjected to the punishment of society, and secondly, George Banks’s soul is more important than his body. I would pray for his conversion and that he repents, but I would do nothing to stop the execution. He has no place in society, and why keep feeding him…??? He killed five of his own children…He had better find redemption from God becuase he is about to lose his chance, Then he will get the punishment he really deserves.

Sorry I am so harsh, but my tolerance of sin stops at the intentional hurt or death of children. Pray for my tolerance level 😉 .

Peace to you all

I understand how you feel, but that same logic would have every doctor, nurse and women that were involved in abortions,executed. Although it would be considered an eye for an eye, I have met alot of good people that had previously been in the abortion blood business and are solidly pro-life.Not only that but they are the most powerful witnesses.Just some thoughts I had on the response.God Bless

40.png
Lisa4Catholics:
I understand how you feel, but that same logic would have every doctor, nurse and women that were involved in abortions,executed. Although it would be considered an eye for an eye, I have met alot of good people that had previously been in the abortion blood business and are solidly pro-life.Not only that but they are the most powerful witnesses.Just some thoughts I had on the response.God Bless
This is wrong, you are trying to elevate the Death Penalty to the same level as abortion. It is not.

Read the Catechism, the Death Penalty is acceptable, it is not one of the non-negotables of the Catholic Faith.

The Eye for an Eye was never death for death, it was always the idea that one would provide like value for the value one took. So if you killed your neighbors cow, then you would either give him a cow or pay him for the cow, you would not kill your cow.

The eye for an eye argument has been twisted and distorted so much that everyone believes the distortion now.

I agree with what TheGarg said.

I happen to be against the Death Penalty in most cases, this one tries that belief of mine.

Saying that though, I do not like those who try to lift the Death Penalty to the level of abortion, it is not. One is acceptable in some circumstances, the other is never acceptable.

Again, read the Catechism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back