Use of google images

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dourbest
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dourbest

Guest
For an assignment, our teacher would like us to use clip art for some notes. However, finding clip-art images on google that have the labelled for reuse is difficult. While I’m sure that the kids in my class will be printing out and using just regular clip-art, and my teacher I’m pretty certain wants us to use it, is it okay to use the printed out images of google images that might not be okay for use or does that just apply for online.
 
But very few, if any, practical images for use come up when I google it w/ the usage rights put in. Idk if printing and using them for a school project go under fair use. Nevermind, I just found it does.
 
Last edited:
Google pulls images from everywhere.

I find it easier to go to a specific site like Pixabay or Wikimedia Commons to look for public domain images.

That said, being this is for a school assignment, you may be overthinking it.
 
Copyright needs to be respected. Use actual clip art. I have seen documents where each photo, each drawing has the word ‘copyright’ right next to it.
 
Practically speaking, do you think anyone is actually going to sue you for using a picture in a school project?

There is no universe in which anyone would ever actually bother about it.
 
Habits formed in school carry on later in life.

Our Diocese had have an actual in-service training for parish and school staff to teach how to respect copyright.
 
Habits formed in school carry on later in life.
Somehow I don’t think this is going to be the gateway to a life of violent crime.

As an attorney, one of the most frustrating things I have to do is try to talk people off the ledge who have googled some law and are now throwing common sense out of the window and trying to apply it in a hyper-literal way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top