Using the lords name in vain when discussing theology verbally

  • Thread starter Thread starter Julius
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Julius

Guest
I know that using the lords name in vain is a mortal sin. What I want to know is if using it in the context of discussing theology verbally or through online texting would be a sin as well.
 
The phrase “Using the Lord’s name in vain” means using the Lord’s name in place of or as a curse word, for example, when you stub your toe and exclaim “Jesus!”.

Saying the Lord’s name within the context of a theological discussion is not using it in vain.
 
I know that using the lords name in vain is a mortal sin. What I want to know is if using it in the context of discussing theology verbally or through online texting would be a sin as well.
I’m not sure what you mean. Are you asking if it’s a sin when I discuss whether or not it is a sin to say “oh my God” in vain? Because it’s not.

Or are you calling theological discussion vain?
 
What, talking about Jesus Christ and God online? Why would that be in vain?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top