"Uttering Ejaculations"

• Thread starter Thread starter FuzzyBunny116
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FuzzyBunny116

What does this mean? I hear about often uttering ejaculations like “Jesus, Mary, I love you-Save souls!” and “Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place my trust in thee!”

That’s exactly what they are – small prayers you say often throughout the day.

I believe they changed the terminology from “ejaculations” to “aspirations” so as to negate any sexual undertones.

These are wonderful habits to practice. I find myself when watching the news saying often “Jesus, have mercy on their souls. Mother Mary pray for them.”

Sure. God knows our thoughts. I often do this when I’m in conversation with someone and at a loss for where to go next in order to help them. I pray (in my mind) “Mary, pray for me,” “Jesus, help me,” “St. Michael defend me in spiritual battle,” etc.

All the time.

Jesus I Trust You, love You and Worship You.

Jesus help me.

Virgin Mary pray for me.

My Jesus, mercy.
Jesus, Mary, Joseph.
Jesus mercy, Mary help.
My God and my all.

My Jesus, mercy.
Jesus, Mary, Joseph.
Jesus mercy, Mary help.
My God and my all.

40.png
FuzzyBunny116:
Would thinking them count the same?
If we say them under our breath, do we call it “muttering ejaculations” ?

I love this quote from “The Way” by St. Josemaria Escriva:
“So, when you don’t know how to go on, when it feels as if your fire is dying out and you can’t throw fragrant logs on it, throw on the branches and twigs of short vocal prayers, of ejaculations, to keep feeding the blaze. And you will have used the time well.”

I say them often. My favourite is:

“Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in Thee” and also
“May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus be praised, adored and glorified throughout the whole world now and forever”.

I find them great when driving or cooking or whilst working, etc.

Not unlike other words that have different connotation today such as “gay” the actual definition of the word is…

To throw out suddenly and swiftly, as if a dart; to dart; to eject.

To throw out, as an exclamation; to utter by a brief and sudden impulse; as, to ejaculate a prayer.

To utter ejaculations; to make short and hasty exclamations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back