Ven. Solanus Casey

• Thread starter Thread starter pprimeau1976
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pprimeau1976

Hiya Folks!

I had a question about Ven. Solanus Casey. My question is whether it is permissible for my church to have a portrait for Fr. Solanus displayed in the church itself among other statues and portraits of saints. From what I gather, his cause has not reached the point of beatification.

Thanks,

PTP

40.png
pprimeau1976:
Hiya Folks!

I had a question about Ven. Solanus Casey. My question is whether it is permissible for my church to have a portrait for Fr. Solanus displayed in the church itself among other statues and portraits of saints. From what I gather, his cause has not reached the point of beatification.

Thanks,

PTP
Not sure but I know he has a Knights of the Columbus Council named for him. He is Venerable but not a blessed yet. I don’t know if that makes a difference or not. The guild has presented the documents necessary as of last October for the Blessed to be approved with the Miracle documentation they gave. I have not heard how that has progressed yet.

My husbands healing was due to Fr Solanus just this past winter. He is certainly our prayer partner. 👍

I think it’s fine. I don’t know all the details and qualifications for you to be able to hang a portrait, but I see nothing wrong with it. Frankly, I think it’s splitting hairs. Anyway, that’s just me.

Come to think of it our parish had a portrate of Katherine Drexal (still do) before she was canonized. One of her decendants is a parishioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back