Veneration of the Cross

• Thread starter Thread starter Sorbetto
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sorbetto

Why does Veneration of the Cross happen, and how does it happen? I am attending a Good Friday service tomorrow and would like to participate. What do people do to the cross, traditionally? What is more common?

Thanks!

Everyone is invited to process to the front, and each kisses the feet of Jesus on the cross. (One year, my little goddaughter insisted on kissing Jesus’ face - it was sweet). It is a powerful service.

Sometimes it is a wooden cross without the Body of Christ on it. You are free to touch it, kiss your hand and place it on the cross, or bend down to kiss it; whatever you are most comfortable doing.

40.png
Sorbetto:
Why does Veneration of the Cross happen, and how does it happen? I am attending a Good Friday service tomorrow and would like to participate. What do people do to the cross, traditionally? What is more common?

Thanks!
OK, here it is in a nutshell. Picture this:

You are at Calvary, they’ve just raised the cross and Jesus is hanging up there, crucified for your sins. If you have anything to say to Him, now would be a good time to say it.

I will close my eyes and take some time to say thank you to Him, somtimes with tears. Every time I look up, I do it again.
To me, that is what it is all about.

May the love of God the Father, the peace of Jesus Christ His Son, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back