Victim Soul

• Thread starter Thread starter RosaLydia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RosaLydia

Would someone help me understand the concept of “Victim Soul”

I saw this in a footnote for today’s Divine Mercy novena. I heard the term before, but it has never been clear to me what this is…

Your help is appreciated,

Thanks!

40.png
RosaLydia:
Would someone help me understand the concept of “Victim Soul”

I saw this in a footnote for today’s Divine Mercy novena. I heard the term before, but it has never been clear to me what this is…

Your help is appreciated,

Thanks!
I never heard the term before either but here is a link to a site that defines it: smwa.org/Veronica_of_the_Cross/Document_What_is_a_Victim_Soul.htm
God bless.

The Church has not defined the term , “victim soul”. But they have been around since the beginning. Christ is the victim soul par excellence. And all who choose and even pray to be one share in His victimhood. The stigmatics were all victim souls. These are the greatest ones. You must consult a spiritual director before you choose this path, as it is very dangerous to do otherwise. I’m not saying you are, but all should take it very seriously.

The link above is to the Bayside site. A woman named Veronica Leukens claimed to have visions of Mary & Jesus and began to report what they said to her. Much of the reports were not in line with Church teaching. The Church has condemned the Bayside apparitions.

Peace,
Linda

40.png
LindaS:
The link above is to the Bayside site. A woman named Veronica Leukens claimed to have visions of Mary & Jesus and began to report what they said to her. Much of the reports were not in line with Church teaching. The Church has condemned the Bayside apparitions.

Peace,
Linda
Thanks for the information. I had never heard of Ms. Leukens or “Victim Soul” before this post. I should have researched it more before posting the link.😦

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back