Virtue campaign

• Thread starter Thread starter Toni
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Toni

Every month we have a new virtue at school to practice and for everyone to learn throughout the month. Our new virtue is generosity, since I have to work on this campaign, I thought I might get some other ideas from the forum.
I am looking for bible quotes to print and hang in the school, or quotes from the saints on this virtue.
Thank you 🙂

Dearest Toni

The first parable that springs to mind is the parable of the Good Samaritan. This story has many things to teach us, but one of them is generosity (others being loving your neighbour and defining who your neighbour is and risk of the self to help another) Generosity is akin to kindness and compassion here. Another one you may consider is when the woman who had committed adultery was being stoned and Jesus stopped it by asking who among them had not sinned, if so cast your stone. To me this shows generosity of spirit, here generosity is akin to Charity.

There is more to generosity in that we can be generous with our money, time, self, prayers, hope etc. An example of generosity in money is the woman who had so little money but thithered it all to the Church when so little in comparison was given by others. Her small giving was more generous than the others.

Ultimately Christ generosity in giving His life for ours.

I am never good at knowing chapter and verse, but remember all of the bible, so if you have a bible which I am sure you do look to these parable and situations in Sacred Scripture and you will find a quote that covers it, I hope.

Hope this helps

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Thanks Teresa, I will read through them again and pick quotes from them.
I have been looking online for quotes from the saints. on virtue.
Anyone know a good website on this?

Dearest Toni

Well all the Saints have virtues or they would not be saints but the one who most springs to mind is Joan of Arc, who died for her faith, such was her generosity, who fought for her country willing to die.

The other one is St Maximillion, who died to save another, this is also generosity…as for quotes, guess you’ll have to research their lives and see what they had to say

St Padre Pio, who was willing to suffer the pain of the stigmata for fifty years to save souls and Holy souls in pergatory also to join Christ in His suffering, such was his generosity of spirit he was graced with the stigmata.

Of course Mary was the first saint to have the virtue of generosity to God and to the whole of humanity in her selfless act of following God’s will.

here’s a few I have found on the net:

Make many acts of love, for they set the soul on fire and make it gentle St Teresa of avila

Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier.
Be the living expression of God’s kindness.

Mother Teresa

God loves a cheerful giver. She or he gives best who gives with a smile.
God Bless and much love and peace to you Teresa

cont

“If sharing a thing in no way diminishes it, it is not rightly owned if it is not shared.”
St. Augustine

Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible – Saint Francis

The value of life does not depend upon the place we occupy. It depends upon the way we occupy that place – St. Therese of Lisieux

The bread which you do not use is the bread of the hungry;
the garment hanging in your wardrobe is the garment of him who is naked; the shoes that you do not wear are the shoes of the one who is barefoot; the money that you keep locked away is the money of the poor; the acts of charity that you do not perform are so many injustices that you commit – St. Basil the Great circa 300 AD

Well that’s all I can find for now, hope this helps friend

Teresa

Thanks so much for your quotes Teresa, it was thoughtful of you to find some for me. I do appreciate it.🙂

This may have been mentioned already, but think of how much God gives us. He gave the earth light and life (Gn 1), and He gives us His ear (Ps 5:2) and He gave us Our Lord!

40.png
csr:
This may have been mentioned already, but think of how much God gives us. He gave the earth light and life (Gn 1), and He gives us His ear (Ps 5:2) and He gave us Our Lord!
Great idea since many of the classes just finished creation and Adam and Eve. Thanks.

Dearest Toni

You are more than welcome, it was interesting finding it all out and also made me think alot about generosity so, you have done me the favour!!🙂 I enjoyed it.

Teresa​

Dearest Csr

Quite right a good idea of yours to remind ourselves regularly how generous God has been to us.

Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back