Visible vs. Invisible Church

  • Thread starter Thread starter Montie_Claunch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Montie_Claunch

Guest
I was wondering. Does anyone know of any good books on the question on the church being Visible or Invisible? I have a relative that holds that is invisible and that the diffrent protestant churches are neccessary as comprising the body of Christ. She points to every occasion where there is a dispute (such a between Paul and Barabas in Acts over weather Mark should come with them, the rebuking of Paul by Peter) and uses the scripture that talks about us having “diffrent ministries” as further proof that it is a Diffrent Denominations. As far as I can tell all see sees as “neccessary for Salvation” is “Loving Jesus” which doesn’t mean acknowledgeing the trinity (though she is trinitarian) or a lot of other things we see as essential. Could ya’ll help me out? Thanks and God bless.
 
I was wondering. Does anyone know of any good books on the question on the church being Visible or Invisible? I have a relative that holds that is invisible and that the diffrent protestant churches are neccessary as comprising the body of Christ. She points to every occasion where there is a dispute (such a between Paul and Barabas in Acts over weather Mark should come with them, the rebuking of Paul by Peter) and uses the scripture that talks about us having “diffrent ministries” as further proof that it is a Diffrent Denominations. As far as I can tell all see sees as “neccessary for Salvation” is “Loving Jesus” which doesn’t mean acknowledgeing the trinity (though she is trinitarian) or a lot of other things we see as essential. Could ya’ll help me out? Thanks and God bless.
Different denominations? Hardly. In the second reading from yesterday (sunday), Paul talks about many parts, but one body. We are the Body of Christ. The different ministries are the different functions of the same body. Christ calls for unity, yet the numerous protestant denominations are anything but that. How can a body divided against itself stand?
Code:
Now to the topic. The Church is a visible, unified Church. Jesus builds His Church on the Rock (Peter) (Mt. 16:16-19). How can an invisible Church be set on a physical entity? Is Christ's body invisible? The Church is also Hierarchal, meaning that there are different offices. We have the Pope, then the Bishops, then the priests.
I don’t have a book, but here is a link to website with scriptural support for all Catholic doctrines.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top