Visiting Rome

• Thread starter Thread starter sunnymorn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunnymorn

I have the opportunity to visit Rome in November 04 and we are able to travel on our own for 2 days. Does anyone know how I can get a list of any holy shrines outside the city of Rome where we can visit on a day trip. I am looking for distance and perhaps some of the Eucharistic Miracle Sacred Sites that are nearby. We have seen St. Peter’s Basilica, St. John Latern and a lot of the other of the most visited sites around Rome/ So my husband and I want to concentrate on those sites that may not be on the well traveled path.
Anybody’s info would be most appreciated. Any info on websites or places where I can get this is requested/ God bless you and thanks in advance.

I realize you are requesting “outside Rome”, but the Bishops’ Office for U.S. Visitors to the Vatican could still be of assistance, so you might contact them.

Other than that, on a recent trip, we stayed in Frascati (about 20 minutes by train) where there were some pretty Churches. Nothing Eucharistic-miracle-y – Just pretty.

We also took the train to Assisi one day, which was probably about 1-1/2 hour one-way. Well worth the trip, even if you can’t go on 4-Oct, like we did. 😛

tee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back