Visiting the Most Blessed Sacrament vs. Eucharistic Adoration

• Thread starter Thread starter Timidity
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Timidity

Okay–time for me to (yet again) show my ignorance. Is “Visiting the Most Blessed Sacrament” the same thing as “Eucharistic Adoration”, or are they different?

Thanks in advance!

You’ll have to forgive me: I just love to open my mouth and answer things I can’t honestly say I am 100% certain about.

Anyway, Eucharistic Adoration seems to involve the EXPOSED Host, and that situation involves scheduling people to be there at all times, so there are usually set hours for most adoration chappels (unless it’s a perpetual adoration chapel). You can visit the Blessed Sacrament, however, at any time. It’s kept in the tabernacle and whenever the doors to the building are open, you can go in and visit. Hospital chapels generally have the blessed sacrament, with a candle lit to let you know it’s there, and you can visit any time of day or night.

I would have to agree with katybird.

Seven Sorrows has a song about Eucharistic Adoration (and those who don’t go) it is called Tragic Ignorance. you can listen to it at Seven Sorrows

My impression pretty much matches Katybird’s and Sorrows’, but my uncertainity led me to ask the question.

Thanks for the (name removed by moderator)ut!

40.png
Timidity:
Okay–time for me to (yet again) show my ignorance. Is “Visiting the Most Blessed Sacrament” the same thing as “Eucharistic Adoration”, or are they different?

Thanks in advance!
Dear friend

You can adore the Eucharist whilst still in the tabernacle locked and you can adore the Eucharist during it’s Exposition in the Monstrance. Both are Adoration as far as in I have always understood it. They are different ways of Adoration, but they are both Adoration the only difference being that The Eucharist is visible in Exposition in the Monstrance whereas when locked in the tabernacle the Eucharist is not visible.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you and those you love

Teresa

The difference is that they are both huge blessings. :bowdown:

40.png
Teresa9:
Dear friend

You can adore the Eucharist whilst still in the tabernacle locked and you can adore the Eucharist during it’s Exposition in the Monstrance. Both are Adoration as far as in I have always understood it. They are different ways of Adoration, but they are both Adoration the only difference being that The Eucharist is visible in Exposition in the Monstrance whereas when locked in the tabernacle the Eucharist is not visible.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you and those you love

Teresa
I am in RCIA. I agree with Teresa9. The first time I tried Eucharistic Adoration was with the tabernacle locked. To me, it seems almost the same. Jesus is there and that is what counts. I can’t really see him either way, so just being close counts a lot to me. The big advantage to spending time with Jesus in the tabernacle is that there are fewer people around. Sometimes even spend good time alone with Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back