vocation

• Thread starter Thread starter GuibertOfNogent
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GuibertOfNogent

Hello everyone,

I’m not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but here goes.

I am feeling increasingly called to a life of active, full-time service for Christ. I am married, however, so the clerical or monastic life are not open to me. What are the ways that a married lay member could serve the Church full-time?

Thanks,

Guibert

40.png
GuibertOfNogent:
Hello everyone,

I’m not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but here goes.

I am feeling increasingly called to a life of active, full-time service for Christ. I am married, however, so the clerical or monastic life are not open to me. What are the ways that a married lay member could serve the Church full-time?

Thanks,

Guibert
Actually the clerical life is open to you. The permanent diaconate.

This is my assuming that you are a Latin Catholic and not Eastern.

You could become involved in a lay apostolate like the Knights of Columbus or Opus Dei. Clerical life is not entirely out of the question either, as you could look into the diaconate.

are you evangelizing and passing on the faith to adults and young people in your parish as a catechist? the RCIA and youth programs in your parish are always in need of people who know their faith, are deeply committed and on fire to share it with others. call your DRE today

You could also become a member of one of the Secular Orders such as the Carmelites or Franciscans . . . quite a few of them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back