Vocations Questions Needed!

• Thread starter Thread starter JaneFrances
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JaneFrances

I am trying to compile a list of pertinent questions for a Vocations Roundtable discussion.

Could you please offer any suggestions?

Participating in the Roundtable will be a priest, a seminarian, a married couple in the permanent diaconate, and a single lay person. We are hoping to spark some insightful responses by this panel regarding various life issues and how they are reflected in each person’s respective vocation.

Any ideas?

Thank you, in advance!

Go to vocations.com, they have a FAQ section that has some great questions.
Awesome. Thank you.

Any original question ideas would be greatly appreciated as well!

I think the FAQ’s are great for our participating priest and maybe even our seminarian, but I was hoping to have some more general questions posed that would apply to all vocations–to include the married and the consecrated singles, not just the ordained.

SUCH AS: What are the hardest sacrifices you make regarding your vocation?

OR How did your youth prepare you for your vocation?

Any other ideas!!!???

Of course there are the big ones that are very hard to answer (at least I have a hard time explaining to my brothers and other kiddies I am asked to talk to every once in a while):
How did you know that this was your vocation?
What does it feel like to be called?
What made you respond?

others:
People destined for marraige can date, what can those thinking about priesthood do?
Does being a priest mean you have to give up your friends or change all your relationships, does being married?
What if you pick the wrong vocation?
Who pays for all the school (for the seminarian)?
What exactly does a Deacon do? (no offence to my beloved Perminent deacons, I have nothing but love for you)
Which Vocation is hardest to live out today?
Are some vocations “better” than others?

Great questions, Brian! Thank you. . .that’s exactly what I was looking for!

Anyone else?

I am always interested in how a person discerned their vocation.

Did they receive a clear sign?

How long did it take to discern?

What helped you along?

What problems did you face?

Did you ever feel think you were called to different vocation? If so, how did you determine what your true calling was?

These are great questions–just what I was looking for! Thanks.

Aside from set, preplanned questions, I’d encourage you to just “go with the flow”, engaging in natural conversation and asking questions which seem appropriately drawn from what was just commented. Also ask enough clarifying questions when called for, in order to help those who might not understand the insider parlance to apprecaite what is being said. Sometimes a seemingly dumb question that you already know the answer to actually is one that should be asked so that everyone else can see the thought process or grasp the context and basis of something else in an answer.

Very good points, thank you. I had something like this in mind, so your advice is encouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back