Waiting for the other shoe to fall

• Thread starter Thread starter Detroit_Sue
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Detroit_Sue

Every parish in our region has been issued an assignment to prove “viability” of the parish. There are 6 parishes in my town. We anticipate losing at least 2 of them. This looks like it may be another sweeping closure like those of 1989.

That would really be a shame, but I think the quote on your signature is fitting for this situation.

Pray, Hope and don’t worry.

Detroit Sue:
Every parish in our region has been issued an assignment to prove “viability” of the parish. There are 6 parishes in my town. We anticipate losing at least 2 of them. This looks like it may be another sweeping closure like those of 1989.
Don’t come to Massachusetts then…:rolleyes: I’ll pray for your parishes.
Annunciata:(

Detroit Sue:
It sounds like you could be here in our Toledo diocese. A neighboring parish is scheduled to close, and they have really been having a time there. The bishop went there to hear some ideas, and was treated very disrespectfully, as was his assistant. The whole thing has pitted parish against parish, each trying to prove their case to stay open. Also, there has been some nasty letters in the local paper bashing the bishop, and all the problems of the church. No final decision is supposed to come until March. I hope it gets here soon. We can’t stand much more of this. Is every state having these problems, or just Ohio and Michigan? Lets pray for each other.

wow. i had no idea. i’ll pray for you guys.

remember, romans 8:28 applies to situations like this one, too.

40.png
davy39:
We can’t stand much more of this. Is every state having these problems, or just Ohio and Michigan? Lets pray for each other.
Here in Superior Diocese in NW Wisconsin we have had parish clusters for more than five years. We have zero problems with sexual abuse by our priests, but some of them serve up to three parishes. Very few parishes, if any, have been closed, but we essentially have circuit riding priests. Some parishes have Pastoral Administrators to handle the paper work/

Not to gloat 🙂 but as an encouragement that it is not like this everywhere, let me say that the Archdiocese of St. Paul/Minneapolis is adding parishes… and, we have 14 men being ordained to the priesthood next spring!

I personally believe this is due to the high level of prayer and Adoration in our diocese for vocations – our Archdiocese has over 35 perpetual Adoration chapels!! 👍 So, get thee to our Lord in the Most Blessed Sacrament and pray! 🙂

I will continue to pray for vocations, both in our diocese and beyond!

+veritas+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back